Actionable Notification Will not fire

Alright, I have had one actionable notification working in the past. When my daughter would get close to home, she would get a notification with an option to open the garage. Worked like a charm, but this past year with her doing her classes from home, I had not realized that it is no longer working until I tried to put together a second one for a set of night lights in my bedroom.

This is the automation pair for the new actionable notification. I am getting the notification with the action button, but when I click it… nothing happens. I can trigger each automation on its own, and they work, but something is getting lost between the two automations. I use the built in automation creator as of now (got tired of doing it through yaml. So the formatting is what is being put together by the editor.

This is on my S20 running Android 11. I get the same results on my Daughters Pixel 4a also running Android 11

Thanks in advance for the help.

- id: '1614311087184'
  alias: Night Light Notification
  description: Turns on Night lights when tapped
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_data:
      event_data:
        action: night
    event_type: mobile_app_notification_action
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: script.night_stand_night_light
    data: {}
    entity_id: scene.night_lights_on
  mode: single

- id: '1614311618640'
  alias: Scene Bedtime Notification
  description: Send notification to Noah for night lights
  trigger:
  - platform: time
    at: input_datetime.time_off_weekend
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: notify.mobile_app_sm_g981u1
    data:
      data:
        actions:
        - action: night
          title: Turn on the Night Lights
  mode: single

Your automation that acts on the button press is wrong, the trigger should be like this:

trigger:
      platform: event
      event_type: mobile_app_notification_action
      event_data:
        action: night

Ahh, thank you. I figured it was something very simple that I was doing wrong. Did not cross my mind as to why I had the event data in there twice. Guess that gives me a good reason why I should not set things up at 2am lol.