Actionable notifications in node red

Hey

im trying to learn some about the actionable notification function in the past days.
Im done with the automation and it works great but now im trying to do the same stuff in Node Red.

So how to achieve the same in Node Red?

Thanks 4 any advise

this is what I know so far :slight_smile:

{"message":"Cam Test!","data":{"push":{"category":"camera"},"entity_id":"camera.ID"}}
1 Like

Have you seen this marvelous piece?

https://zachowj.github.io/node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket/cookbook/actionable-notifications-subflow-for-android.html

That is such a cool piece of software!

4 Likes

so far…
But im missing a third Option if no respons taken for x sec.
As an an example : Are you sleeping? wait for 90 sec if no respons start xy…

[{"id":"3d819487.07370c","type":"api-call-service","z":"fb7bf027.974ec","name":"Notify","server":"fefd8095.1f637","version":3,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"notify","service":"mobile_app_iphone","entityId":"","data":"{\t    \"message\": \"Noch wach?\",\t    \"title\": \"Schläfst du schon?\",\t    \"data\": {\t        \"actions\": [\t            {\t                \"action\": \"sleep_yes\",\t                \"title\": \"zZz\"\t            },\t            {\t                \"action\": \"sleep_no\",\t                \"title\": \"Nein\"\t            }\t        ]\t            }\t}","dataType":"jsonata","mergecontext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":710,"y":2660,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"80a5b71f.881708","type":"server-events","z":"fb7bf027.974ec","name":"","server":"fefd8095.1f637","version":1,"event_type":"mobile_app_notification_action","exposeToHomeAssistant":false,"haConfig":[{"property":"name","value":""},{"property":"icon","value":""}],"waitForRunning":true,"outputProperties":[{"property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"eventData"},{"property":"topic","propertyType":"msg","value":"$outputData(\"eventData\").event_type","valueType":"jsonata"}],"x":230,"y":2780,"wires":[["642680af.1a979"]]},{"id":"642680af.1a979","type":"switch","z":"fb7bf027.974ec","name":"","property":"payload.event.action","propertyType":"msg","rules":[{"t":"eq","v":"sleep_yes","vt":"str"},{"t":"eq","v":"sleep_no","vt":"str"}],"checkall":"true","repair":false,"outputs":2,"x":510,"y":2780,"wires":[["217957f.772eaa8","c2a05bd6.b4d9d8"],[]]},{"id":"a0ec5709.2c2028","type":"inject","z":"fb7bf027.974ec","name":"","props":[{"p":"payload"},{"p":"topic","vt":"str"}],"repeat":"","crontab":"00 01 * * *","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":170,"y":2640,"wires":[["aa9f427a.0e3a8"]]},{"id":"aa9f427a.0e3a8","type":"api-current-state","z":"fb7bf027.974ec","name":"","server":"fefd8095.1f637","version":2,"outputs":2,"halt_if":"True","halt_if_type":"str","halt_if_compare":"is","entity_id":"input_select.state_manutv","state_type":"str","blockInputOverrides":false,"outputProperties":[{"property":"payload","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"entityState"},{"property":"data","propertyType":"msg","value":"","valueType":"entity"}],"override_topic":false,"state_location":"payload","override_payload":"msg","entity_location":"data","override_data":"msg","x":440,"y":2620,"wires":[["3d819487.07370c"],[]]},{"id":"217957f.772eaa8","type":"api-call-service","z":"fb7bf027.974ec","name":"","server":"fefd8095.1f637","version":3,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"remote","service":"turn_off","entityId":"remote.harmony_manu","data":"","dataType":"jsonata","mergecontext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":840,"y":2840,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"c2a05bd6.b4d9d8","type":"debug","z":"fb7bf027.974ec","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"false","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":600,"y":3020,"wires":[]},{"id":"b6613c86.42009","type":"comment","z":"fb7bf027.974ec","name":"Eingeschlafen?","info":"","x":150,"y":2580,"wires":[]},{"id":"fefd8095.1f637","type":"server","name":"Home Assistant","version":1,"legacy":false,"addon":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true}]
1 Like

Solved it. Simply add an input_select option.

But maybe there is a cleaner / cooler way with javascript ( action ?!).

Here is, a sketch only

1 Like

Did you make it work? I have problems with the event.tag validation in the “belong here?” node. It seem the comparisome fails and the flow stops?

I tried out the Use Case 2 the vaccation timer.

Yes, I use this. If you can’t get it working ask in the github section?

1 Like

can you share code?

I have no code for this. I just sketched that to give an idea.
Send notification node sends initial message, starting countdown of the delay. When delay finishes, it calls “hurry up message”.
But if you react on the first actionable notification, you can cancel delay removing waiting message.

Anyone noticed this stopped since latest homeassistant updates?

Did you read the release notes? I assume you use the beta since you have problems with it.

Which ones? Ha or…? Link?

(So many things to track)

Edit: last week it still worked… not sure “what” broke it…

Companion app.
You can get them from the settings, but this is the “thing”: https://github.com/home-assistant/android/pull/1759

Oh the app… hm did not even think about that… sorry for asking a stupid question, but being away from home, what needs to be updated where? Or do I need to change the parameters in your provided link manually and if so where?

Edit: app update ittself on 9th of july, that might be the data it stopped working yes…

You need to change the service calls:

Broadcast Intent

change channel to intent_package_name
change title to intent_action
change group to intent_extras

Volume Level

change title to command
change channel to media_stream

Media

change title to media_command
change channel to media_package_name

Activity

change channel to intent_package_name
change tag to intent_action
change title to intent_uri
change subject to intent_type
change group to intent_extras

I don’t know what service calls is used here so you need to just see what it is and change the words in the list above.

I presume the ones used in my node red nodes I used from here over a year ago (Actionable Notifications Subflow for Android | node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket)

That would be hard via a mobile phone… :thinking:

I hate breaking changes…

Just in case you want to know how more details how to do this (especially handling the mobile_app_notification_action) for both iOS and Android, here is a good blog post: