Actionnable Task Reminder - A Powerful Task Reminder Automation

Introduction:

I’m happy to introduce my latest Home Assistant Blueprint, “Actionnable Task Reminder”. This Blueprint is designed to simplify task and event reminders by sending actionable and snoozable notifications to your devices. With extensive customization options, recurrency control, and support for custom actions upon acknowledgment, this Blueprint will help you stay organized and on top of your tasks/events.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.
Features:

• Customizable Notifications: Tailor your notifications with your own title, subtitle, and message to suit your specific needs. Templates are available to enhance the content.

• Recurring Reminders: Set up reminders to repeat at specified intervals, ensuring you never miss an important task/event.

• Mobile Devices Support: This Blueprint utilizes notification services, making it compatible with a wide range of devices.

• Acknowledge Action: Define a custom action to be taken when the reminder is acknowledged.

• Snooze Options: Offer users the flexibility to snooze reminders for different durations, the default are 5, 15, 30, 45 and 60 minutes.

• User-Friendly Snooze Text: The Blueprint provides clear snooze options with time placeholders to make it easy for users to select the desired snooze duration.

• Advanced Options: For experienced users, there are advanced features like custom trigger templates, days of the week exclusion, and more.

• Task Reminder Notification Group: Link multiple automations together using this feature to streamline task assignments and notifications.

Screenshots:

Feedback and Support:

I’m eager to hear your feedback, answer your questions, and provide support as needed. Please feel free to leave comments or reach out with any inquiries.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.
GitHub Link

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try it out!

I installed the blueprint and setup an automation with it but it is failing when called. It appears that the “Date of last reminder” has to be filled in. Once I filled that in it started sending the reminders.

Hello! I’m delighted to see that you’ve given my blueprint a try.

Could you please send me the automation trace when you encounter the issue? It appears odd to me since for the only usage of this variable, I check if the variable is not a empty string.

Thank you in advance for providing any additional information.

So today I switched it back to not having that filled in and it is still working. Not sure what the difference from yesterday and today was but glad it is working. Thanks for the automation.

Hey,
Nice blueprint, thanks !

I’ve noticed a few issues:

• On android only 3 actions are possible in the notification, so all the snoozeDelays are a bit of an overkill… I’ve copied your blueprint and modified it to keep only the first two.
  • When not setting any subtitle, the notification shows the title and “null” as subtitle. You need to use a space as default value instead of an empty string.

Hello Sisimomo,

First thank you for the good work. I have two interrogations about the implementation.

1- I implemented your blueprint as part of a vast plan to automate the watering of my plants with my girlfriend. We managed to put into place a reminder with 2 separates automations for one plant.

I have read and reread the description, and also tried a lot of syntaxes, to try to make the group notification work (the one that indicate that someone else fulfilled the task). Sadly i didn’t manage to make the group notification work at all. (I created a group of notification that works for other automation but not in the actionnable task reminder).
Would you have an example on how to simply implement the notification group part?

2 - Right now on android the choices to confirm are only available in the notification toolbar. If you mistakingly click on the notification itself it gets you to the homeassistant app without anything to confirm. I kind of imagined a confirmation modal that lets you the same choices as the notification. Do you have a perhaps have a workaround?

As a bit of improvement for me the correct syntax to call the notification service would be notify as follow:

You could update the eg of the part: (Required) Mobile devices notification service

Again thank you for the work, works really nice.

Soulwax