Adafruit FunHouse - WiFi Home Automation Development Board

I came across this and was thinking that with the right 3D printed cover this might be a good solution as a HA switch plate. Not sure about the shape but a cover could deal with that. Downside is some of the controls are on the board so not sure how that would work with a cover.

Based on some threads it looks like the ESP32-S2 might be supported or coming soon to ESPHOME so perhaps it would work.

They were in the latest Adabox as well. I have two of them, one I bought before the Adabox was sent and one after.

It looks like their tutorial for getting this working with HA is to write the code in CircuitPython and configure HA to listen via MQTT.

Has anyone done any work with this? I have one and its working, but kinda clunky. And the Adafruit forums were no help when I posted there.

My problems:
The entities show up as a generic ‘sensor.temp’ which makes filtering impossible
How do get the light measured and show up in something readable in HA
The temperature offset, I still don’t know how to do this

It does run and it does the mqtt publishing. Its a really cool device.

If anyone promises to do a detailed integration I’ll actually buy you the device and ship it. Adafruit is pretty cool, and their setup worked perfectly. It just seems they are a little lacking for people who aren’t hard core python devs.

Thanks