ADAX NEO WIFI Modern Electric Wall Heater, Home Automation Heating

These heaters have an app, and apparently can be controlled from PC, so perhaps can integrate with HA. Anyone have experience with these or other heaters that can be added to HA?
Cheers

3 Likes

I just emailed Adax to inquire about their API.
They replied that although they acknowledge the interest for an open API, they currently have no plans to publish one.

I haven’t bothered to analyse traffic from the mobile app in order to reverse engineer it yet, but it’s on my list to do.

2 Likes

You may enjoy this, decompiled from the android APK. The API looks fairly straight forward.

https://hastebin.com/siguhuzewu.java

4 Likes

I’ve just bought a new flat and I’ve been reading a lot on these forums to get an idea how of how to use HA to automate things around the house. The only thing missing was to automate my heating.

I’ve got no heaters at home currently and was originally planning on getting some TP-link smart plugs and hooking it up to some dumb wall panels heaters. But the smart plugs only support upto 1800W, and I need a heater of 3000W. I came across ADAX NEO, since it has wifi inbuilt. Sadly, no support from HA yet. Are there any other heaters that support HA out of the box?

1 Like

Checkout below, not sure about HA integration:

Cheers, I’ll shoot them an email to see if they provide an open API.

I found this Dimplex heater controllable by bluetooth. And after reading this article on reverse engineering an bluetooth light bulb, I think I may use a similar idea to control the Dimplex heater from a raspberry pi. :slight_smile:

Nice find. I see dimplex have a couple of apps on the App store so there must be a nice way to integrate with HA, seeing as many components impersonate apps :slight_smile:

Did any of you ever find a radiator that can be controlled with HA? I’m planning on buying a new radiator for my waiting room at work and I’d to automate it if I can. My current delongi one doesn’t just start heating when you give it power.

I have a dumb electric towel radiator (no controls, give it power, and it turns on), which is hooked up to a Heatmiser Neostat-e.

I only used the Heatmiser for consistency as I have an existing heatmiser system, you could use any relay which supports the max current drawn by the radiator (I’d look at the 16A Sonoff with temp sensor, as then you could use the generic thermostat component)

Anyone figured out how to add these to HA? :slight_smile:

Anyone found a way to do this?

1 Like

Seems that there is esp8266 or esp32 inside:

PORT STATE SERVICE
80/tcp filtered http
MAC Address: 5C:CF:7F:A8:3C:81 (Espressif)

Would be intresting to know if these heaters could be reprogrammed same way as the Sonoff switches for example.

In the Norwegian version of the FAQ on their home page (https://adax.no/om-adax/ofte-stilte-sporsmal/ – which, interestingly enough, differs in content from their English version), I have noticed that they now acknowledge the desire for 3rd party integrations, and expect their open API to be published in the fall of 2019 alongside with Google Home integration.

3 Likes

I have been in constant communication with the company and they have confirmed that indeed there is some sort of an API in the works, and will be published right after summer. They couldn’t confirm any details regarding the solution tho…

2 Likes

Do you by chance have any updates on this?

1 Like

I have been trying these for a while, the REST API is pretty straight forward, except for the signature attached.
I have been trying to find out from the Android app how to render the signature, but have not succeeded. Anyone else have looked into the API?

I emailed them about this in January 2019. Their response originally in Norwegian:

Thank you for your feedback.
Unfortunately, no open API today.
Can’t promise anything later.
But we may want to think about this in the next generation of thermostats.

Regards
ADAX AS

So new hardware??

Should be possible to reverse engineer the existing API.
The API itself is quite straight-forward, however there is a kay in the json-object called “signature” included in every API-call. The signature is probably generated by encrypting some string (url and post-data maybe) using the private key received in the log-in sequence.
I am not able to understand the signature generation, it should be able to find it in the Android-app. My hope is that someone in this forum could help with that part?

2 Likes

Now adax works with google home.

I have spent some time creating a custom component for Adax Wifi. It takes some effort to set it up in HA.
Please try it out and give some feedback

8 Likes