ADAX NEO WIFI Modern Electric Wall Heater, Home Automation Heating

Ah, that’s because you’ve added the repository to the supervisor’s addon store. What I pulled together was designed to work with HACS.

Jon

Fundamentally I wanted a HACS-compatible integration now, so I built one. And because I’d built it for myself, I shared it with others. It was about expedience, nothing else.

@danielhiversen’s code sits in a repository alongside other custom components, which doesn’t appear to be compatible with the way HACS works (though feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on that) - and there’s no such things as a pull request that says “split this out into a separate repository”. Importantly - feel free to take whatever you like out of what I’ve done. That might be nothing, it might be something. Whatever works for you.

For my use case HACS wins over the addon store in the supervisor because HACS works inside home assistant core. Your mileage may vary - different people have different needs. If someone else wants to pull together a HACS-compatible integration I’ll happily switch and contribute to that.

Functionally what I did and what Daniel did are similar, though there are some differences.
Daniel’s integration now implements heat/off, whereas I picked Auto/Off. I picked Auto because that seems to reflect better what the heater does - and it’s then meaningful to report the status as Heating/Idle as appropriate (or Off).

Jon

Updates: https://github.com/Danielhiversen/home_assistant_adax

• All fetching of data is now async
  • Removed sanction as a dependency
  • Compatible with hacs
  • Smaller fixes and improvements
4 Likes

Would be nice if their API included heater state, I mean if it is heating or not. Maybe they don’t provide that because the target temperature operates at room level (and room might have multiple heaters). Although one can figure that out from target & current temperatures the visual green feedback on thermostat card is nice (like on generic_thermostat entity I have for older heater).

I’m planning to use this to keep a summer cottage dry during winter so it won’t be controlled by temperature but by humidity instead, ie. if humidity is > 75% turn heater on, otherwise off.

Great work as always, thanks, Daniel!
It came just at the right moment – I was seriously considering buying Mill WiFi plugs for all my Adax heaters :slight_smile:

New Home Assistant user here…the ability to integrate Home Assistant with my Adax Wi-Fi heater was one of the reasons I’m currently transitioning many elements of my SmartHome setup to Home Assistant.

I installed Daniel’s heating integration and customised this. However, Adax is not listed when I try and add a new integration. However, I have spotted that a Radiator entry has been created under entities (nothing under devices) that allows me to click in to it and change the temperature (which does work).

I’m running Home Assistant in an Unraid docker. Does anyone have any ideas what might be going wrong here?

Thanks!

Hi there.

I’m looking into installing new heaters at my place and connect them to HA. I’ve been reading this thread and the docs at Github. If I understood it right, communication between HA and the heaters goes through the cloud, isn’t it?

Is this the best option for someone who is buying new heaters? Or is there another option with local communication only that you know of?

Thanks and best regards, Luís

Adax will soon release local communication also

1 Like

Hey, that’s really good news!

Can we be certain this will happen? In which time frame? I don’t mind using the cloud approach for a while, if we can expect this new feature soon enough.

If this really is the case, maybe Adax is the best option for me. I was also considering buying Mill heaters, but I don’t know of any local solution for them.

Thanks and best regards, Luís

Hi,

I see that the phone application now shows the consumption values per days.
Do you know any details if they will/are support this feature in the API?
It would be awesome, so I don’t need to manually type in every day into input numbers :slight_smile:

Bests,
Krekkon

It is currently not available from the API, but they have said they will add it.

1 Like

This is great (breaks me away from Adax’s terrible app too!) - have this set up and can read values from climate.radiator_name as expected.

How do I control the radiator? Know you list the ability to turn on/off, but doesn’t appear as an entity under radiator_name? Am sure I’m being daft somehow, but help appreciated!

Hi I am a noobee! I have copied the files from GitHub to HASS and I can see ADAX in my Integrations. But I cannot see any devices or entities.

I have rebooted HAS a number of times and added my credentials in the configuration.yaml.

Any idea why this is? Thank you.

@Caleroific, are you using the files from here: https://github.com/Danielhiversen/home_assistant_adax ?

I think you either need to hit the ‘+’ on the integrations page and enter your details into the form or use the yaml method, you don’t need to do both?

I have loaded this using HACS and all is well. I removed my ADAX credentials from the yaml adn input them once in the form.

Many thanks techno74

@Danielhiversen,

I planned to create a script that can be called when opening the windows for some fresh air.
Concept:

• open the windows
  • execute the script
  • set the heaters to 5 degrees
  • wait 10 minutes
  • notify my via google home mini to close the windows
  • set back the previous temperature

If possible I don’t want to do mumbo-jumbo with saving the old temperature, use 5, and then set it back from the previous value.

I felt I can use set_preset_mode with HVAC_MODE_OFF/HVAC_MODE_HEAT, but apparently, it’s not setting the temperatures.
Can you please review the below code, and advise changes?

winter_is_coming:
    sequence:
      - service: climate.set_preset_mode
        data:
          entity_id:
            - climate.iroda
          preset_mode: HVAC_MODE_OFF
      - delay: 600
      - service: tts.google_translate_say
        entity_id: media_player.living_room_speaker
        data:
      - service: climate.set_preset_mode
        data:
          entity_id:
            - climate.iroda
          preset_mode: HVAC_MODE_HEAT

Hi all,

In the absence of any response from Adax, wondering if someone could help! I’m trying to get the Adax API to work for my heaters. It doesn’t work in HA using the above integrations - but even more than that, the API key doesn’t seem to work for me.

I’m trying using the Adax sample Python code, or even just Postman / curl.

When I send a POST to get a token, I get a 400 error using the username/password created in the Adax app. If I use the credentials in the sample code, it works fine, and I get a token that can be used - obviously the rooms that come back are just sample data though.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Why would the credentials created in the Adax app not work?

Thanks!

For me, it was taking about 10-30 minutes before my auth key have been working correctly.
Just give it some time, I think they have some delay in the process.

If the issue is not solved within one day, write an email for [email protected] with your details maybe

Thanks Antal.

It doesn’t work after a week, so seems like there’s something broken for me. I don’t really understand why :confused:

I’ve tried emailing [email protected] and nobody’s replied in a month, but I’ll give them another try! :slight_smile:

I am using history graph, but previously it was shown differently with this integration.
now it is always blue under the green line, in the past it was only blue when it was actively heating.

Can this be a bug/feature produced by version change?
See the current picture: