ADAX NEO WIFI Modern Electric Wall Heater, Home Automation Heating

I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that. I’ve credited you and removed the copyright - if there’s anything else I should change please let me know.

Jon

It is ok :+1:

I’ve been waiting so long for this! :slight_smile:

I added the custom repository, but I am unable to find the integration.

Have you added it to your configuration.yaml?

Have now added support for on/off. Made some improvements and removed sanction as a dependency:

1 Like

Once you’ve added the custom repository to HACS, on the HACS Integrations page:

1. Click the (+) in the bottom right corner and search for and add the Adax integration.
  2. HACS will show you an information page which includes configuration instructions (you need to configure this in configuration.yaml)
    You can pull up the information page again by clicking the three dots in the corner of the Adax integration card and choosing information.
  3. Edit configuration.yaml (and optionally secrets.yaml)

Broadly the same information is also here: adax/README.md at master · jon-hedgerows/adax · GitHub

Jon

Works OK for me now. Thanks!

1 Like

I am not seeing the Adax integration after clicking the (+)-button.

Is this correct?

why make a copy of Danieliversens module, why not help him to make his module HACS compatible, makes it easier for all of us, since Daniel has made several new customizations after your copy.
I guess he has no problem giving you credit for your contribution.

4 Likes

Ah, that’s because you’ve added the repository to the supervisor’s addon store. What I pulled together was designed to work with HACS.

Jon

Fundamentally I wanted a HACS-compatible integration now, so I built one. And because I’d built it for myself, I shared it with others. It was about expedience, nothing else.

@danielhiversen’s code sits in a repository alongside other custom components, which doesn’t appear to be compatible with the way HACS works (though feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on that) - and there’s no such things as a pull request that says “split this out into a separate repository”. Importantly - feel free to take whatever you like out of what I’ve done. That might be nothing, it might be something. Whatever works for you.

For my use case HACS wins over the addon store in the supervisor because HACS works inside home assistant core. Your mileage may vary - different people have different needs. If someone else wants to pull together a HACS-compatible integration I’ll happily switch and contribute to that.

Functionally what I did and what Daniel did are similar, though there are some differences.
Daniel’s integration now implements heat/off, whereas I picked Auto/Off. I picked Auto because that seems to reflect better what the heater does - and it’s then meaningful to report the status as Heating/Idle as appropriate (or Off).

Jon

Updates: https://github.com/Danielhiversen/home_assistant_adax

• All fetching of data is now async
  • Removed sanction as a dependency
  • Compatible with hacs
  • Smaller fixes and improvements
4 Likes

Would be nice if their API included heater state, I mean if it is heating or not. Maybe they don’t provide that because the target temperature operates at room level (and room might have multiple heaters). Although one can figure that out from target & current temperatures the visual green feedback on thermostat card is nice (like on generic_thermostat entity I have for older heater).

I’m planning to use this to keep a summer cottage dry during winter so it won’t be controlled by temperature but by humidity instead, ie. if humidity is > 75% turn heater on, otherwise off.

Great work as always, thanks, Daniel!
It came just at the right moment – I was seriously considering buying Mill WiFi plugs for all my Adax heaters :slight_smile:

New Home Assistant user here…the ability to integrate Home Assistant with my Adax Wi-Fi heater was one of the reasons I’m currently transitioning many elements of my SmartHome setup to Home Assistant.

I installed Daniel’s heating integration and customised this. However, Adax is not listed when I try and add a new integration. However, I have spotted that a Radiator entry has been created under entities (nothing under devices) that allows me to click in to it and change the temperature (which does work).

I’m running Home Assistant in an Unraid docker. Does anyone have any ideas what might be going wrong here?

Thanks!

Hi there.

I’m looking into installing new heaters at my place and connect them to HA. I’ve been reading this thread and the docs at Github. If I understood it right, communication between HA and the heaters goes through the cloud, isn’t it?

Is this the best option for someone who is buying new heaters? Or is there another option with local communication only that you know of?

Thanks and best regards, Luís

Adax will soon release local communication also

1 Like

Hey, that’s really good news!

Can we be certain this will happen? In which time frame? I don’t mind using the cloud approach for a while, if we can expect this new feature soon enough.

If this really is the case, maybe Adax is the best option for me. I was also considering buying Mill heaters, but I don’t know of any local solution for them.

Thanks and best regards, Luís

Hi,

I see that the phone application now shows the consumption values per days.
Do you know any details if they will/are support this feature in the API?
It would be awesome, so I don’t need to manually type in every day into input numbers :slight_smile:

Bests,
Krekkon

It is currently not available from the API, but they have said they will add it.

1 Like