ADAX NEO WIFI Modern Electric Wall Heater, Home Automation Heating

This is great (breaks me away from Adax’s terrible app too!) - have this set up and can read values from climate.radiator_name as expected.

How do I control the radiator? Know you list the ability to turn on/off, but doesn’t appear as an entity under radiator_name? Am sure I’m being daft somehow, but help appreciated!

Hi I am a noobee! I have copied the files from GitHub to HASS and I can see ADAX in my Integrations. But I cannot see any devices or entities.

I have rebooted HAS a number of times and added my credentials in the configuration.yaml.

Any idea why this is? Thank you.

@Caleroific, are you using the files from here: https://github.com/Danielhiversen/home_assistant_adax ?

I think you either need to hit the ‘+’ on the integrations page and enter your details into the form or use the yaml method, you don’t need to do both?

I have loaded this using HACS and all is well. I removed my ADAX credentials from the yaml adn input them once in the form.

Many thanks techno74

@Danielhiversen,

I planned to create a script that can be called when opening the windows for some fresh air.
Concept:

• open the windows
  • execute the script
  • set the heaters to 5 degrees
  • wait 10 minutes
  • notify my via google home mini to close the windows
  • set back the previous temperature

If possible I don’t want to do mumbo-jumbo with saving the old temperature, use 5, and then set it back from the previous value.

I felt I can use set_preset_mode with HVAC_MODE_OFF/HVAC_MODE_HEAT, but apparently, it’s not setting the temperatures.
Can you please review the below code, and advise changes?

winter_is_coming:
    sequence:
      - service: climate.set_preset_mode
        data:
          entity_id:
            - climate.iroda
          preset_mode: HVAC_MODE_OFF
      - delay: 600
      - service: tts.google_translate_say
        entity_id: media_player.living_room_speaker
        data:
      - service: climate.set_preset_mode
        data:
          entity_id:
            - climate.iroda
          preset_mode: HVAC_MODE_HEAT

Hi all,

In the absence of any response from Adax, wondering if someone could help! I’m trying to get the Adax API to work for my heaters. It doesn’t work in HA using the above integrations - but even more than that, the API key doesn’t seem to work for me.

I’m trying using the Adax sample Python code, or even just Postman / curl.

When I send a POST to get a token, I get a 400 error using the username/password created in the Adax app. If I use the credentials in the sample code, it works fine, and I get a token that can be used - obviously the rooms that come back are just sample data though.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Why would the credentials created in the Adax app not work?

Thanks!

For me, it was taking about 10-30 minutes before my auth key have been working correctly.
Just give it some time, I think they have some delay in the process.

If the issue is not solved within one day, write an email for [email protected] with your details maybe

Thanks Antal.

It doesn’t work after a week, so seems like there’s something broken for me. I don’t really understand why :confused:

I’ve tried emailing [email protected] and nobody’s replied in a month, but I’ll give them another try! :slight_smile:

I am using history graph, but previously it was shown differently with this integration.
now it is always blue under the green line, in the past it was only blue when it was actively heating.

Can this be a bug/feature produced by version change?
See the current picture:

Adax does not provide information about the heating state in the API, so it will never change

I am brand new to HA and hope some of you guys can help me out here.

I am trying to connect to my Adax radiators with Daniel’s package via HACS.
But when I try to add the integrations with the ID and pw, it fails to connect.

I can see the radiator in my router, and have connected via ADAX-app, so the unit is online.
I’m running on a router HA don’t integrate to, so do I have to set the device up manually in HA? and if so, how?
Or do you have any other ideas where to look for errors?

Sorry for the basic question, but i’m kind of stoked here :neutral_face:

To you get any error message in the log?

It is NOT your login password, but the password generated in the app you should use

Hi Daniel
Thx for responding, I really appreciate it.

I’m using the password im logging into the app with (happens to be the same as my HA password - I’m big on security :slight_smile:
Have also tried the ADAX magicpass123, same result.

Do the log tell you anything ?:
Logger: adax
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/adax/init.py:195
First occurred: June 21, 2021, 22:32:08 (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:10:26
Adax: Failed to login to retrieve token: 400 {“error”: “invalid_grant”}

/ Flemming

You need to use a password generated in the adax app:

In the adax app:

1. Navigate to Account Tab,
  2. Select “Remote user client API”
  3. Select “Add Credential”
  4. Give some name to the created credential and copy the generated password.

Fantastic, it worked - You’re the man :+1: :+1: :+1:

1000 takk for hjelpen, nå må jeg leke med varmekontrol hele natten :grin:

/Flemming

Maybe you should add the password generation to the installation instructions. I’m sure other beginners like me who will appreciate it.

Once again thx for helping :grinning:

Will do.
It will soon be an official integration:

4 Likes

Are there any news on the local API? I am considering Adax Neo heater but I do not want my heaters to connect to Internet.

@Danielhiversen ,
Is it already possible to calculate the power consumption (eg with time * watt)?
I still cannot see it in their API, but might be possible to calculate manually?

Not possible since we do not know when the heaters are heating.