ADC T200-thermostat help

@JohnB I had been about to install one and @pdobrien3’s comments are scaring me. :laughing:

Even if the Lovelace card doesn’t show controls, would you be willing to screenshot the related entities (and their attributes) and any new services? It may be that the thermostat exposes that functionality, but in a way that the Lovelace card can’t represent; since I’m one of the core HASS developers, I can try to help piece things together.

@pdobrien3 - Sorry to hear you couldn’t get it to work. Thanks for replying and I hope the Nest drama works out for you.

@bachya - Absolutely! Here are some screenshots of the Lovelace cards, and the climate.thermostat entries. Please let me know if you need additional info. Thanks.

• Missing any controls on the cards.

• I don’t have any options when i click on the Operation mode.
  • I get Auto/circulate/on options when I click on the Fan mode.

Thanks! Is that the only new entity that’s created? What new services do you see under the climate domain, if any?

I’m new to HA. How do I find what you’re looking for?

“What new services do you see under the climate domain, if any?”

@bachya,

I would love to help also. Aren’t you also the creator of the pollen.com sensor? I tried to move over to the new format but I get errors.

Failed config
  General Errors:
    - Component not found: iqvia

🤷‍

iqvia:
  zip_code: !secret zip_code
  monitored_conditions:
    - allergy_average_forecasted
#    - allergy_average_historical
    - allergy_index_today
#    - allergy_index_yesterday
    - allergy_index_tomorrow
    - disease_average_forecasted

Thanks @pdobrien3
Can you help me find the information bachya was asking for? “What new services do you see under the climate domain, if any?” Where should look for this info?

That error seems to indicate that you haven’t upgraded to 0.93.0 yet?

Thanks. Is this what you were looking for?

But I have.

From what I remember, it also made some weird entities. Like and _unused_1 or something of the likes. I could never get my T2000s to do anything. I don’t think they even really properly reported their state.

The state/status is working fine. If I make the changes directly on the T2000 thermostat, the status shows up on the Lovelace card. I just can’t turn on the thermostat or set any controls from the Lovelace cards within HA.

Ok @bachya, I rebooted and now I am seeing the known error about no data for the zip code. I have seen the PR for 93.1. Thanks.

1 Like

@JohnB The next step is an arduous one, but I think we should pursue it: trigger various climate services against climate.thermostat and see if any material difference occurs.

(@pdobrien3, if you’ve already tried this, let us know?)

To start, let’s try:

Service: climate.set_temperature
Entity: climate.thermostat
Service Data: {"entity_id": "climate.thermostat", "temperature": 70}

If that sets the target temperature to 70, we’re in better shape; if not, we’re in trouble. :laughing:

Had my fingers crossed but no joy. :slightly_frowning_face:

Here are the screenshots:

Are there other places I need to check to see if the temp set.

The entity attributes would be a place to look.

Let’s try another one:

Service Data: {"entity_id": "climate.thermostat", "target_temp_high": 70}

:frowning_face:

Service Data: {"entity_id": "climate.thermostat", "target_temp_high": 70}

Got this error:

Service Data: {"entity_id": "climate.thermostat", "target_temp_high": 70, "target_temp_low": 68}

:frowning:

Nothing. No change on the Lovelace card. Nothing in the logs.

Let me share my configuration to see if this helps with the troubleshooting.

1. I’m running hass.io in a vm
  2. All my zwave devices are going through smartthings
  3. I imported my smartthings devices using the following guide: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/smartthings/. I followed the video.

I forgot to mention the T2000 is seen and can be managed by Alarm.com and Smarthings.