Add a "laststable" tag for docker images

It would be interesting to have a tag in docker that points to the latest version of the previous release.
It would be a tag like “latest”, “beta” or “rc” (not fixed).

Actually if the Docker image is pointing to “stable”, it is updated very often and to newly released versions (with few bug cleanup cycles).

For example, this “laststable” tag would point to version 2022.11.5 while 2022.12 is being developed and when 2023.1 is released it would move to 2022.12.9. And so on.

This way, it would only be updated once a month and to a more stable version.

Thank you!

The last point release of the previous version isn’t “more stable”.

Thanks for response.
Sorry if i misunderstood something, but if that’s so, why beta versions?
if 2022.12.9 is as stable as 2023.1.0, all beta versions 2023.1.0bN would not be necessary.
I thought that between version 2022.12.9 and 2023.1.0 new features were included and hence the beta versions.
And that’s why I assumed that the stability of 2023.1.0 would be lower.

The point of beta versions is that the stable releases are, well, stable.

That’s not to say that 2023.2.0 is going to be totally bug free, but there’s also no guarantee that 2023.1.7 (or whatever we get to) is totally bug free.

You’ll find many threads discussing “the most stable” version. The TL/DR is that no stable release is unstable by design. There’s always a risk of bugs, and there’s always a chance that you’re one of the people who discover some stability impacting bug in a version that everybody else calls stable.

Nope. 20 charrrr.

I thank you for giving me logical reasoning to not be a complete nerd by setting the version to “stable”. ~ 3 hours of my time were saved