Add an option for Covers to show left / right arrows

Because some covers open and close horizontally !

There is already. You’ll need to set the device class to curtain in the customize section of your config.

1 Like

That changes it yes, but it is not at all what I wanted. It doesn’t correspond to the action of the cover, which opens and closes from one side, rather than from the middle.to both sides.
As well as this:

Screenshot_2022-11-17_12-44-25

Can we not have something like this ?

after

And perhaps just a checkbox in the entity config: Left / right arrows [X]. That is all I meant.

To be more specific, I have changed the topic from “horizontal arrows” to “left / right arrows”

1 Like

Hi @salsaman, did you manage to solve the problem? I am in the same situation and I find a solution.

No, still no still no solution. Ir ought to be a really easy fix, just add a ‘horizontal’ device_class for covers and rotate the icons. The same way you can turn a switch into a socket. But still we wait.

I do not follow you. Could you explain it to me with a piece of code? Thanks!

No code needed. Device class is just an attribute you can set in device configuration. For switches you can set this to socket, and there is even a helper which can change it for switches. What I am asking for is to extend this to covers.