I have been adding some controls to my heating system (boiler, pump, radiators) and automating it, it all works now and I have been trying (and failing) to add the final touches to the dashboard.
I have a bunch of Generic Thermostats controlling the radiator in each room and a Drayton Wiser System controlling the boiler. I have the Wiser Integration running and currently the individual rooms follow the schedule set in that. What I want to do is disconnect the room thermostats from that schedule and to that end I want to add an Auto mode to the climate entities in the Generic Thermostats, or replace them with one that already has that built in.
The Auto mode doesn’t need to do anything, just trigger events when changed and be readable by automations. The thermostat would then have three modes, Auto, Heat, & Off.
I have been trying to do this for a few days now and got nowhere, is there a simple way of doing this, or any other method I could use, short of writing my own integration.
Auto isn’t a supported mode type in the Generic thermostat integration. If you have automations controlling the climate entity, you could create a helper like and Input Select to act as a trigger and condition to control the logic of how the automation works.
Thanks for the quick reply. It’s not really a problem making it work in the background, it’s the dashboard. I need my wife and others to be able to use it, the Wiser Integration uses a climate entity and has an Auto mode. This produces three buttons on the Thermostat Card for the dashboard, whereas Generic Thermostat only has the two, I’m trying to make them all work the same so that it’s consistent, if I add an external button to the room stats I’ll get a lot of pushback !
It looks like Template Climate entities will be available in 2026.10, so that would be an option since they allow you to specify which modes you want to support.
I’ve just had a quick look at that. It certainly looks like it will let me do what I want, I’ll just have to wait a week or two. Thanks for your help.