Add Choose HDMI Source to Samsung Smart TV

Hi, could be possible add an option for choosing the different HDMI sources on Samsung smart tv Integration?

Currently is possible to choose different sources but only 1 option HDMI, it makes my tv jump to the next HDMI it had last boot time, or keeps same HDMI source if I not define it.

For instance:
I use automation for turning on the tv, and set hdmi 2 where I have connected my ps4.
call service → media player tv turn on → call service → media player select source → HDMI

It will turn on tv and jump to the next HDMI that was on last boot, so if left on HDMI 1, jumps to HDMI 2, or if left on HDMI 3, jumps to HDMI 1.

If I do same script as before but without calling service media player select source, it turins on on same HDMI as last boot.

So… I need be able to choose the proper HDMI source but nothing works.

I tried this kind of source too, but no luck: ST_HDMI1, ST_HDMI2, ST_HDMI3

Any Idea?

Thanks in advance.

What are all the attributes of your tv (see dev-tools/states)

I have a similar question. The good news is a have a Logitech Harmony Hub too and this is easier with it, but one more tech jump and I like to minimize the steps for troubleshooting later. I have 4 HDMI ports. This one only goes to the main HDMI port ( the HDMI 2A) on my TV connected to the Xbox for obvious reasons. I have a DVR, Nintendo and an Apple TV. I would also like Friendly Name for these 4 sources.

source_list:
  - TV
  - HDMI
is_volume_muted: false
device_class: tv
friendly_name: Samsung QN90AA 55 TV
supported_features: 20409

I also found this great project which may be the solution: https://github.com/pavolholes/HomeAssistantSamsungTv

1 Like

For me, it’s this:

source_list: TV, HDMI, AMC, Animal Planet GO, Apple TV, BritBox by BBC & ITV, Disney+, DisneyNOW, Echelon, Gallery, Google Play Movies & TV, HBO Max, Hulu, Internet, Jillian Michaels Fitness App, MagellanTV Documentaries, Netflix, PBS KIDS Video, PBS Video, Paramount+, Peacock TV, Plex - Free Movies & TV, Prime Video, PrivacyChoices, QVC+ and HSN+, Science Channel GO, Showtime Anytime, Sling TV, SmartThings, Spotify - Music and Podcasts, Tubi - Free Movies & TV, Universal Guide, VUDU, Viaplay, Vix: Cine y TV Gratis en Español, YouTube, YouTube TV, e-Manual

Different on my LG, it shows HDMI 1, HDMI 2 etc