Add comparison logic to automation and helper UI

So for example I can make a condition to compare dates to trigger automations without having to learn Jinja.

GitHub - Petro31/easy-time-jinja: Easy Time calculations for Home Assistant templates.
and
GitHub - TheFes/relative-time-plus: Relative Time Macro with additional options.

These both look great, but sadly too advanced for a UI-only caveman like me. Thanks for sharing.

It’s a simple function call. All the magic is done for you. One link to select the template. Another link to ask the magic box for the info you want.
examples are provided.

Can you give an example of something you want to do that you aren’t able to do? There are a number of custom integrations that handle dates in different ways.

the problem for me with this approach is I would be copy and pasting stuff I don’t fully understand, rather than selecting options in the UI, where there’s only so much I can mess up. I think in terms of making HA more accessible in general its just good to be trending towards more stuff in the UI.

one example was I was trying to create an automation to alert me to bring washing in off the line an hour before there was rain forecast, rather than as the rain was starting which is what I am currently able to achieve.