Add devices from Alexa to Home Assistant

Hey guys, I’ve been searching for a while for this.
I have some device that are recognized only by an echo devices. Is there a way to add this to home assistant? With the skill I can only integrate device from ha to echo devices/alexa but mot tje other way around

1 Like

This is currently not possible. But, there might be integrations for those devices already.

What kind of devices are they?

It’s a custom programmed nodemcu with espalexa library. On ioBroker, there’s the alexa2 adapter that does it. I hoped there’s a similar integration for home assistant

Hmmm, there are a couple of things you can do here. espAlexa is Aircookie’s work (fantastic library, BTW and one I’m very familiar with), so I’m guessing you are using this to control light(s) or light strip(s)? If that’s the case, you might want to look at the WLED library. The other solution would be to reflash it with ESPHome.

Both of those libraries have native integrations with Home Assistant and you can then add it to Alexa through Home Assistant and still have all the features available. Plus, depending on how “custom” it is, you might be able to port those customizations over to ESPHome.

Not quite right, I’m actually using it to control a relay to open a garage door. I think esphome will work for that.
But back to my question from above: Will Alexa Media Player from HACS be able to retrieve devices from Alexa? Has anyone tried it?

I don’t know anyone that has tried that, but in general, anything that is paired directly to Alexa isn’t exposed to anything external. For instance, the Amazon branded smartplugs, if paired to an Alexa, won’t be available to anything but Alexa.

Easily.