variables:
      - 'states[''sensor.fpl_*****''].attributes.service_days'
  - attribute: projected_bill
    entity: sensor.fpl_*****
    name: Projected Bill
    type: entity
type: 'custom:vertical-stack-in-card'
1 Like

For those that are using it, how are you taking advantage of the historical usage data with this integration? I dont see how we can actually graph using dated values in the attribute ‘details’.

The github page says its compatible with HACS. How do you add it through HACS?

you need to add https://github.com/dotKrad/hass-fpl as a custom repository in HACS

1 Like

Thanks for the help! I have it set up already.

I’ve added the custom HACS repository and the FPL integration component has been installed. I have restarted HA, but I don’t see how to configure the components. The installation instructions says

In the HA UI go to "Configuration" -> "Integrations" click "+" and search for "Florida Power & Light"

but there is no Florida Power & Light integration there. Also, there is no fpl sensor created yet, so I’m guessing I need to do something else, but not sure what.

Also, the home-assistant log file shows that the component is loaded.

2021-05-25 14:51:21 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration fpl which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

You need to search for FPL

Thanks for this awesome integration. Being completely new to it all, trying to use your example code to create a nifty new card. The one area causing me grief is the code for the card you shared. The area that is stumping me is the entities: which sensor does there just above the type:‘custom: config-template-card’?

is there a way to get the fpl integration to show up in the energy meter ?

Has there been anyone able to get the information from the fpl sensors to be read by the energy monitor database. I cannot seem to get energy monitor to recognize this as a sensor

1 Like

Have the same issue and no solution either!

1 Like

I have made some progress on polling FPL’s APIs and fetching hourly energy meter readings which I can import into the energy dashboards for HomeAssistant via a MQTT sensor. The problem is that the meter readings are 5-6 hours old by the time they become available in the FPL API. When posting new data to a sensor I see no way to override the timestamp, which is always “now”. The timestamps need to be in the past, when the meter was read (data that is available in the API) but HomeAssistant does not seem to support this.

Related: Insert state at specific timestamp

3 Likes

I also have this issue. I have installed the component with HACS and restarted, but the integration will not appear. My logs show no issues.

Confirmed. Running:
Home Assistant 2022.9.1
Supervisor 2022.08.6
Operating System 8.5
Frontend 20220907.0 - latest

@dotKrad can you advise what version you are running? I also could not find any config files to edit to enable the integration

Home Assistant 2022.9.2
Supervisor 2022.08.6
Frontend 20220907.0 - latest

You don’t need any config file, after you install the integration, you use the UI to configure it

Screenshots would help. I can’t find anywhere in the ui to configure it.

I’m not able to log in, I keep getting “invalid password”. I have already reset my FPL password and confirmed it’s working on the FPL site. Any idea?

I have put this into HA and then restarted the system. I then tryed to find FPL in the intergrations in HA as well as HACS. It does not show up and I am extreamly interested in trying to get it to work and try and adding to make this better for through coading. If anyone has any ideas where I can find the “Intergration” for this, please let me know

any idea why this repository link GitHub - dotKrad/hass-fpl: FPL Component for Home Assistant appear as invalid in Hacs repositories ???Screenshot from 2023-04-22 11-46-00
I use Home Assistant 2023.4.6