Add Homematic IP device HMIP-BROLL-2 (shutter)

Hi all,

I am currently running a HA blue and connected it with my CCU3.

One of my shutter actors were defect, so I bought a new one. The company Homematic / ELV updated the shutter actor and renamed the updated version by adding “-2”

So v1 of the shutter actor has the SKU “HMIP-BROLL”
v2 of the shutter actor has the SKU “HMIP-BROLL-2”

The updated actor is already supported in the homematic rest-api (GitHub - hahn-th/homematicip-rest-api: A python wrapper for the homematicIP REST API (Access Point Based)), but currently not in HA.

Could you please add “HMIP-BROLL-2” to the list of supported devices?

Thank you & kind regards,
SmartiesHome

OO, this is what you were trying to say…

The -2 was added by HA because you used exactly the same name.
Change the name, and/or completely remove the one that failed.

If you add another one the same name you will have a -3, or -4, etc, so this request will most likely not be completed.

No, this is not what I wanted to say. Initial post updated.

I had 6 x HMIP-BROLL, but now I have 5 x HMIP-BROLL (all named differently) and 1 x HMIP-BROLL-2 (also named differently) because Homematic sells now the updated model.

Which integration are you using? As you have mentioned, you have a CCU 3. So you probably don’t use the HomeMatic IP Cloud integration, but instead the core integration. The core integration is not being maintained anymore. You have to switch to the new integration, which is available as a custom component: GitHub - danielperna84/custom_homematic: Custom Home Assistant Component for HomeMatic

You can find useful information about the migration here: Migration from Core Integration to Custom Component · danielperna84/custom_homematic Wiki · GitHub

The installation itself is pretty well documented here: HomeAssistant Integration · jens-maus/RaspberryMatic Wiki · GitHub

Thank you Daniel for the hint and the links.
I wasn’t aware the core integration isn’t maintained anymore.