I have Hassio HA and the vacuum, however I can’t figure out how to get this working. Any advice is greatly appreciated so maybe both of us can get going with this…
As per @asphalter guide, do we need incrond? Can we use the following component for build_maps.py without incrond?
Not a Linux/Python guy so I am basically doing a trial and error methodology, and searching for the stuff I don’t know how to do like all the vacuum rooting thing.
We can assume you’re using a RedHat like system (CentOS, Fedora, RedHat, SuSe, …) as destination host.
- Ensure that you’ve installed python-pillow package. On RedHat like systems you can issue the command yum install python-pillow
- Ensure that you’ve installed incrond package. On RedHat like systems you can issue the command > yum install incron
- Copy vacuum/etc/incron.d/vacuum_maps to /etc/incron.d/vacuum_maps.
- Create the directories /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/scripts , /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/www , /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/vacuum if not exist.
- Make sure to fix the ownership of these directories to the user homeassistant .
- Copy the script homeassistant/home/homeassistant/scripts/build_maps.py to /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/scripts/build_maps.py.
- Copy the script homeassistant/home/homeassistant/scripts/incrond_vacuum_maps.sh to /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/scripts/incrond_vacuum_maps.sh.
- Make sure to give to the file the right permissions with the command: chown 755 /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/scripts/incrond_vacuum_maps.sh .