Add new Script to Harmony Hub Ui as toggle or button

Hello,

My first post here and just started learning Home Assistant. I have a basic question. I’ve created my first script and saved it.

I’m wondering how do I add a toggle button on the dashboard in the Harmony Remote Box on the dashboard that would say the title of the device for example (Receiver) and then I could toggle it on off with a script for on and a script for off. I’m just guessing here on how that would work.

Another question along those same lines. I created a test automation under the harmony hub, and wondering how can I make it show up as a button or a toggle in the main harmony hub box on the dashboard.

Thanks!

Congrats Spencer.

Ok so when you added the Harmony Integration, it created a bunch of switch devices - one for the hub itself and one for each of your activities. All you need to do is create a ‘button’ that toggles those switches.

You can go into any dashboard, ‘add card’ select the Button Card, then tell teh button card to use one of the Harmony switch entities and make sure the ‘tap action’ says Toggle.

Toggling a harmony switch ON will turn on your activity if it’s off and switch t it if you’re running another activity - if the activity is already on and you toggle it iwill turn off the activity (and all harmony switches that may be on for that hub)

Thank you so much! I was able to figure it out and have my first button turning my home theater AVR on and off using the Harmony Hub! So cool.

By chance do you know how to listen/ simulate the harmony remote hitting the play button? I want to see if I can make an automation that does something when I hit play - like dim lights or something.