๐Ÿ†•[add-on] HassOS SSH port 22222 Configurator

Should be in the documentation.
Great addon after fighting for hours with usb sticks, ansi encoding and so on :frowning:

hi, can you help me with this issue too?
I have my protection mode deactivated, but it seems the same as your issue

So what are you having problems with? Installing sambanas? Using the addon to enable ssh on port 22222?

yes, i always show this information, but via SSh I can connect to photo_2022-04-07_01-57-12

Have you run the ssh port 22222 configurator?

Are you able to access home assistant via ssh to port 22222 on another computer?

Have you put the the RSA private key in your sambanas settings?

Google for the correct key format. I know Debian changed the requirement a while ago and I had to remake my key (actually I just saved it in a different format) This is likely the issue given your error

thank you!!!

now I can sleep in peace, 3 days trying to fix this, and you saved me!
I had to edit the configuration of samba nas addon to use this form:

ssh_private_key: |
   -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
   *your key with the correct YAML identation here*
   -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

THANK YOU
the amount of 3rd party hacks needed to get basic features enabled is proving to be BS

1 Like

There is an official way to do this. This addon is not needed to make port 22222 working, it is just a very handy shortcut.

how by official ways?

1 Like

is it possible by this ssh to install something to host?
I would like to include SNMP to monitore my host via Dude on alpine linux, but the apk add cmdlet doesnโ€™t working

Snmp is available in ha anyway.

I didnโ€™t catch anything on command SNMPWALK โ€œip address of my HAโ€ by my mikrotik router :confused:
how did you do that?

Sorry I think this is not the place. Start a new thread and tag me in.

Question , inside the HassOS, how can i use โ€œapkโ€ to add package?

I have a problem starting this extension:
Single error line un the logs:
s6-overlay-suexec: fatal: can only run as pid 1

Looks like it related to the S6-Overlay 3.x update on our docker base images | Home Assistant Developer Docs

I have the same issue

Looks fixed, but hard to tell as there are two โ€œissuesโ€ on that issue "s6-overlay-suexec: fatal: can only run as pid 1" when starting ยท Issue #18 ยท adamoutler/HassOSConfigurator ยท GitHub

1 Like

It is working. I just tested. There are no known issues currently aside from the lack of ability to check the input public key matches the userโ€™s private key, or the proper format.