Add-on icons are gone and also add-on store is no longer showing the list of available add-ons

Home assistant core 2021.3.4

I don’t know exactly when it happened (I guess durintgone of the last two updates) but my add-on store page is no longer showing the list of available add-ons (ref. to following screenshot).

On top of this, also the icons of installed add-ons are no longer visible (apart from esp-home) and replaced all by the green puzzle tile.

Any idea?
Thanks guys.

1 Like

Hi,

You have accidentally deleted the addon store URL. (I did the same thing so I know).

The icons have gone because the addon does not exist in your addon store anymore.

So…
1 - Supervisor-> Addons
2 - Click the three dots in the top right and then repositories
3 - Are there any addons displayed?
4 - The default one is https://addons.community , if it is not there you need to add it back.

Mine looks like this:

Simon

5 Likes

I am seeing the same thing. I doubt I deleted the repository by accident as I don’t think I would have gone to this place before.
But now I know where to add repositories, I found it took a few attempts including selecting the Reload option to get it to work.
Main add-on is actually https://github.com/hassio-addons/repository not https://addons.community. Maybe that was the underlying problem.

2 Likes

Guys,
I’ve tried either with https://addons.community and https://github.com/hassio-addons/repository but nothing has changed apart from the add-on store page which is now reporting “official” and “unknown” add-ons section… (???).

I’m 100% that I didn’t removed any repository.
By the way, both repositories are “unknown” for home assistant (check screenshot below)

Capturehassio

I really have no clue…
Cheers

Guys,
a small update relevant to the possible root cause of this issue: I’ve just checked the core log and found following alert/warning:

2021-04-09 12:18:36 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2021-04-09 12:18:36 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration 'hacs'. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of 'hacs'
2021-04-09 12:18:39 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.http] The 'base_url' option near /config/configuration.yaml:6 is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration
2021-04-09 12:24:40 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webhook] Received message for unregistered webhook e6b55addd87ab141e3c9f3f612114dca359285fde4e03b2d967f0e7bb857cd20 from 192.168.1.1
2021-04-09 12:24:48 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Setup timed out for stage 2 - moving forward
2021-04-09 12:26:24 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.webhook] Received message for unregistered webhook e6b55addd87ab141e3c9f3f612114dca359285fde4e03b2d967f0e7bb857cd20 from 192.168.1.1
2021-04-09 12:27:12 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry 'Volumio' for volumio integration not ready yet; Retrying in background
2021-04-09 12:27:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry 'D-Link router' for upnp integration not ready yet; Retrying in background
2021-04-09 12:27:20 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry 'D-Link router' for upnp integration not ready yet; Retrying in background
2021-04-09 12:27:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry  for hacs
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 249, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 67, in async_setup_entry
    startup_result = await hacs_startup(Hacs)
  File "/config/custom_components/hacs/__init__.py", line 169, in hacs_startup
    async_call_later(hacs.hass, 5, hacs().startup_tasks())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/event.py", line 1214, in async_call_later
    return async_track_point_in_utc_time(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/event.py", line 1168, in async_track_point_in_utc_time
    job = action if isinstance(action, HassJob) else HassJob(action)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 173, in __init__
    raise ValueError("Coroutine not allowed to be passed to HassJob")
ValueError: Coroutine not allowed to be passed to HassJob

The only hacs plugin I’ve installed is this one:

ie: this repository https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-slider-entity-row

Thanks, cheers.

I don’t know… All icons appeared for few days without touching the repositories (added after your advices) and today they disappeared again…
Repos’ status is now back to “unknown”.

This is a mistery for me boys…

I have the exact same issue since the last updates a few weeks ago… I didn’t touch anything…

Also, every time I try to add a repository, it tells me it’s unknown.

I also see this error in the Supervisor logs:

21-04-26 18:24:36 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.store.repository] Can't remove built-in repositories!

UPDATE 1: Are you all running Amazon Eero? The issue seems to be related to their latest patch release. Try connecting your HA server in front of Eero (ie, directly on the internet).

UPDATE 2: I connected my HA server directly on the internet instead of Eero, rebooted, waited 5 minutes, reconnected it behind Eero without rebooting and everything came back magically. This is really strange… But so far so good.

UPDATE 3: Issue is coming back slowly after a while. One repository at a time, it’s acting up…

Please look at the bug here and add to it if you have the same issue:
Add-ons missing - Official and 3rd party · Issue #2955 · home-assistant/supervisor (github.com)

For what it’s worth. I noticed more or less the same, but wasn’t able to fix it completely yet. This is what I did found out.

1. I found lot of github stuff in https://threatview.io/Downloads/DOMAIN-High-Confidence-Feed.txt, like user-images.githubusercontent.com, codeload.github.com and github.com.
    I whitelisted *.github.com, which seemed to help in showing some of the icons, but the store doesn’t contain all add-ons, nor do the icons of the missing add-ons (that I do have installed) show.
    Missing add-ons are, among others, Portainer and Chrony.

2. I took a look at my firewall and noticed these blocked DNS over TLS attempts:
    ... DST=1.0.0.1 LEN=60 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=62 ID=9980 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=34850 DPT=853 WINDOW=64240 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0
    ... DST=1.1.1.1 LEN=60 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=62 ID=9273 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=40740 DPT=853 WINDOW=64240 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0

Enabling DNS over TLS unfortunately didn’t intantly solve the issue. Maybe there is a rate limiter on the updates or another limitation that causes this to happen, I don’t know. So I give HA untill July 1st to see if it solves the issue and report back.

I am currently running all latest versions on a RPi 4.

I have just found that I have the same issue on two home assistant installations, located very from one another. I would like to get back the Community Add-ons. Any sugestions? Thank you

Retried to install GitHub - hassio-addons/repository: Home Assistant Community Add-ons and it works.
Maybe I was doing something wrong first but now everything is working fine.
Thank you guys

That doesn’t fix it for me. I guess the issue is this: HA DNS issues when using local resolver / unwanted failover to cloudflare dns · Issue #2966 · home-assistant/supervisor · GitHub, raised by jspanitz

If I understand it correctly, HomeAssistant seems to force the use of cloudflare. This is mandatory, even when other DNS servers are capable of resolving addons.community perfectly fine and results in the same IP as querying cloudflre DNS (1.1.1.1).

This issue seems to be closed without being solved and the latest comment ends with: “If there is no interest in doing so [read fixing the issue], I’d request the team state as much rather than just closing tickets with no explanation.” which is quite worrying in itself.

So i think the problem exists as long as you do not allow HA to use the cloudflare DNS server.