Add-on ideas

I would really like to see the following add-ons for HassIO

Components that are available for HASS are automatically available for HassIO. No addons required for the same.

Yes, that might be true. However, for Tellstick i need to manage the config file in order to set the parameters for each switch (which is usually done by editing the tellstick-config file in the terminal).

And for the Flic-buttons it seems like the Flic-service-repository needs to be installed.

And for MiFlora the bluetooth setup is not very well documented in HassIO yet, so not sure how to set this up…

VLC add-on would be nice :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’m currently running HomeAssistant on the OSMC OS and have added the PS4-Waker. Both are working perfectly with Alexa as well. Any ideas how these can be created to the addons? I’m not too worried about OSMC/Kodi as I am getting another raspi3 for a NAS and might run OSMC on that. But the PS4-Waker is really great and I don’t want to miss out on that, any suggestions?

1 Like

@vkorn has a modified rest wrapped version of ps4 waker in his repo for hass.io. Maybe give it a try?

Thanks! I’m already looking into that :slight_smile:

Pi hole :wink:

Would love to see an addon for Homegear (control Homematic devices), Docker image is available. :wink:
https://hub.docker.com/r/homegear/homegear/

hi,
not sure if i’m right here but would love some RPC addon (all possibilitys to shut a pc via hass are a little bit awkward) and of course websockets-client. :smiley:

OpenCV addon would be nice, save a laborious installation process

rtl_433 to mqtt bridge as a add-on would be nice.
I’ve ordered an rtl_sdn adaptor (cheapo USB DVB-T dongle delivering from PRC) and will take a look at building an add-on based on the below linked code.
Seems this will be a cheap and easy way to get a 433mhz receiver in hass.io

There is a good baseline to work from already :slight_smile:

https://hub.docker.com/r/roflmao/rtl2mqtt/

1 Like

Another idea from this thread:

The post links to this site which has implementation for a node.js server that emulates the sonoff cloud service:

Seems there is a good feasibility to build an integration with HASS e.g mqtt, and host the solution as a hass.io add-on/docker image.

5 Likes

Tensorflow, with access to images acquired by cameras - https://hub.docker.com/r/romilly/rpi-docker-tensorflow/

Would love this!!!

No more Sonoff flashing, would be great!!

thanks a great one!!!

1 Like

I just created an add-on for rtl-433. It’s working great for my CurrentCost power consumption sensor.
See here:

I sent out a Twitter message the other day, to collect some suggestions.

This is was I have collected/got suggested:

(Please! Feel free to add suggestions by creating an issue on that GitHub repository)

The Tweet I sent:

2 Likes

Is it possible to have a Plex addon? That is the only other thing I have on my NUC besides HA.

I guess it could be done?
Maybe create an issue on the repository? It is not guaranteed to be created, but I hope to be able to serve a nice collection of wished items.