Add-on request: nextcloud

Hi, this is what I do. On the version I have on my repo you can mount a local or smb drive and use it as a primary data location on add-on initialisation

It also allows mapping HA ssl certificates and many other options such as automatic ice installation or updates

I got error “Error when assembling chunks, status code 504” when upload file 16GB, could you help me.
I edit /config/nginx/site-confs/default but still error.

Hi, this is likely due to timers according to : Error when assembling chunks, status code 504 - ℹ️ Support - Nextcloud community

You could modify the file as in this commit on my add-on : Increase max times ¡ alexbelgium/hassio-addons@279dec8 ¡ GitHub

1 Like

Will I reinstall your addon?
Thanks!

still error “Error when assembling chunks, status code 504” :frowning:

@alexbelgium Thanks for creating an addon with all the options.
I have used your version to add a local plugged in HDD.
This is what I see in the log:

/etc/cont-init.d/00-local_mounts.sh: executing
---------------------------------------------------
[23:21:08] INFO: Available Disks for mounting :
NAME         LABEL         SIZE FSTYPE RO
└─sda1       myCloudDrive  3.6T btrfs   0
Supported fs :  ext3 ext2 ext4 squashfs vfat msdos fuseblk btrfs
Inspired from : github.com/dianlight
Local Disks mounting...
... myCloudDrive is a device by label
[23:21:09] INFO: Mounting myCloudDrive of type btrfs
[23:21:09] INFO: Success! myCloudDrive mounted to /mnt/myCloudDrive

When I use ‘/mnt/myCloudDrive/nextcloud’ for the data dir, I will get no error and i am able to start Nextcloud.
When I look in settings - systems I see 2 drives:

When I upload a large file then it is stored on the first mount /ssl.
What do I need to fill in with initial installation to get the data dir on myCloudDrive?
I also tried /share/myCloudDrive/nextcloud/ which gives an error of not being able to read write to.

Could you or anyone please help me out?

So i used the samba share option with the Samba NAS addon.
I now get the following error.:

Your data directory is readable by other users.

Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users.

The addon options seem to give the option to set permissions.

data_directory: path for the main data directory. Defaults to `/share/nextcloud`. Only used to set permissions and prefill the initial installation template.

On Reddit I read that in Open Media Vault it is apparanty possible to disable data directory permission: “check_data_directory_permissions’ => false”

@alexbelgium or Does anybody know how to use the data_directory option to set the correct permission or how to disable data directory permission check?

Hello! I had disabled this check in the addon code : this means the error message appears but it should still load. Or doesn’t it ? If it doesn’t, there is a bug in the code. Could you please post a full log on my GitHub repo ?

Hi, the data directory is fixed when performing the initial wizard to set up the addon. The addon option of data directory only sets the permissions. In your startup addon log, the current data directory is described in the configuration phase. Your most likely action would be to unusual the addon, reinstall it, perform the wizard with the new data directory and readd your files

Hi, I abandoned the project and deinstalled everything.

1 Like