Add-on: Scrypted (Homekit Secure Video)

Great to learn that you were able to pick up the bits! Do you have all you need from my repo? If so, I’ll delete it now.

I think I have all I need, again many thanks!

1 Like

Since kast update I’m getting:

2023/01/30 11:37:40 [emerg] 261#261: bind() to 172.30.32.1:80 failed (98: Address already in use)

multiple times, then the addon exits gracefully.
Any tips on this?

You have another addon that is using port 80 which is currently what scrypted uses for ingress. I’m working on a fix.

Thanks, I see people mentioning ingress.json but I can’t seem to access or find the /usr/share/hassio/ingress.json - location.

Have you seen this?

Should be fixed by v0.6.10-2, please report if does not resolve

I am new to the whole home assistant, but googling an error does not help, is this a problem on my side or on the add on repo side?

Can't install koush/scrypted:null: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/create?tag=null&fromImage=koush%2Fscrypted&platform=linux%2Famd64: Not Found ("manifest for koush/scrypted:null not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown")

I am running HAOS 2.4 on previously windows desktop.

What architecture does your system use? If it’s i386 (32 bit/x86 intel) then it’s not supported

Generic x86-64. Thank you I guess.
So I would need a raspberry pi for that?

Answer for anyone as green as me:
I needed to install docker on raspberry pi, then install the portainer and on the portainer I put the homebridge and scrypted. Works like a charm.

Hi,

Anyone know how to bind a trusted SSL for this? I am trying to make the connection trusted for Alexa integration. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

Did you ever figure this out @EdStark? Same question here.

Hi both, I did post the answer about the different versions before, this link is where the differences are documented

Not quite sure how you’re trying to go about this, have you tried using the Cloud and Alexa plugins in Scrypted?

Hi, yes I did. The cloud wasn’t able to login previously. It was just either showing a blank page or the login pages goes in a loop.

I have finally managed to install and configure the cloud and Alexa addin. They are working fine now.

However, I have installed hikvision addin and added cameras but they are not loading on my Alexa echo show 5/8. I was using monocle gateway previously. So I think this might be the same issue where a ‘gateway’ is required.

Reference: https://wiki.instar.com/en/Advanced_User/Alexa_Echo5_and_Monocle_Gateway/

Any idea how to get this going in Scrypted?

Current workaround for cloud setup is in the readme, has to be done by accessing through the url rather than ingress (fix is being worked on)

If you’re able to see you cameras in scrypted then the Alexa add on should take care of forwarding to echo show. I’d suggest posting in the Scrypted discord for more advice

Ok thank you. I will take it to discord for more advice.

Ayo just wanted to say THANK YOU @ajoyce or making this integration. It works super well and between this and wz_hacks I was able to get my Wyze cameras into HKSV in one evening. Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks you for making this integration, I’ve successfully gotten my Reolink cameras and Ring Doorbell :face_vomiting: working with Homekit.

Wondering how the update process for Scrypted works with this integration? Currently, Scrypted is showing it’s running version 0.7.40 and that 0.7.43 is available. I see on the github page for this integration refers to version 0.7.40. Is it possible to upgrade Scrypted within this integration myself, or do we need to rely on updates to the integration to include updated versions of Scrypted?

Sorry is this question is obvious, but I’m a bit new to this stuff and get confused with dockers/containers etc. Thank you!

You won’t be able to install an update inside the add-on itself, only by updating the whole add-on when I release an update. This used to be automatic but it was pushing beta versions, so instead I now get notified when a new version is released, check to make sure it isn’t beta, and then update the add-on, after which it builds new images and you get an update notification in HA.

I’m usually pretty quick about this but have been working night shifts all weekend so haven’t had a chance!

The v0.7.43 update is building now and should be available in the next few minutes.