Add-on: Scrypted (Homekit Secure Video)

I’ve just updated the scripts so that they track the latest image and bump the version automatically so updates should take of themselves now :slight_smile:

Amazing, thank you!!!

Hi guys,

Please tell me about your experience. This addon is why better than just using homekit integration in HA and share cameras?

Latency and HKSV.

1 Like

That is a good enough reason to try, There is a good how-to video or write-up to follow?
For HKSV do I need a homekit hub? Ipad, apple homepod, or else?

I googled it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have this installed but am stuck at the first hurdle, logging into Ring… For some reason Ring are not pushing the 2FA code to complete the login… I have been on the Ring app and created a new code but this code doesn’t work. I think I need to start again, but can’t see a way of deleting this Scrypted instance so that I can reinstall from scratch?

Why do you need to reinstall from scratch? Why not delete the plugin and reinstall it? Sounds more like a Ring issue if you’re not getting your 2FA codes. If you do need to reinstall then just uninstall the add-on and reinstall.

Could try setting up via direct access to Scrypted rather than through Ingress by going to [YOUR_HOME_ASSISTANT_ADDRESS]:10443 but this doesn’t sound like an addon issue.

There’s plenty of support for Scrypted on their Discord and Reddit channels, I would like to keep this thread primarily focused on issues specific to the addon :slight_smile:

Hi I was wondering if anyone could explain the use of Advanced: Environment variables? Like what can you use this for?Thanks!

No worries (I should probably expand further in the docs)

You can set certain environment variables to modify how Scrypted works when run. Currently limited to:

• SCRYPTED_DISABLE_AUTHENTICATION
    • Disables auth. Not recommended! Can be true or false
  • SCRYPTED_ADMIN_USERNAME and SCRYPTED_ADMIN_TOKEN
    • Sets login credentials that Home Assistant and Ingress use to log you in automatically so you don’t have to go through the login screen each time
  • SCRYPTED_SECURE_PORT
    • Sets the https port for accessing Scrypted outside of Ingress (default 10443)
  • SCRYPTED_INSECURE_PORT
    • Sets the http port for accessing Scrypted outside of Ingress (default 11080)
  • SCRYPTED_HTTPS_OPTIONS_FILE
    • Allows loading of a custom SSL certificate - follow the instructions here, put your JSON config file somewhere in the config folder and then set this variable to /config/<yourJSONfile>

I have just pushed an update that allows the HTTPS OPTIONS to be set and have updated the docs with the information above

Thanks for the reply! And appreciate the home assistant support for scrypted!

1 Like

Scrypted is by far the best thing I discovered for home cameras. Scrypted has an RTSP plugin and For $10 a month you can add an unlimited number of cameras to Apple Home, which can be discovered in HA using the Apple HomeKit plugin. In my opinion (MY OPINION) Wyze home bridge sucks as it rarely worked. I ended up ditching Wyze because they suck for home cameras. I ended up purchasing some TpLink Tapo cameras for a lot less than Wyze cams and they are very responsive and great quality. They have a built in ability to enable RTSP in the app. So far I have had zero issues with them and they always load fast. I also have an issue with Wyze bridge because it stores screenshots in the www folder which is exposed to the internet and anybody can access it. I have found nothing to disable this or move the directory. A recent update changed the directory, but if you look at the stream URLs, it still points the the cameras to a URL that is easily exposable to the internet because it’s your HA URL/camera name. No thanks.

Which is better? I have Unifi Protect cameras and see two possible plugin I can use. The first is the unifi protect the other is the rtsp plugin. So far ive been using the protect plug in and it takes the audio about 5 seconds to start.

I am currenty using homebridge to integrate my unifi protect cameras and doorbell into Apple Home (HomeKit) inclusive secure video. In addition I have the integation into homeassistant working.
Is there any advantage to use Scrypted instead?

Have you enabled Rebroadcast on your cameras?

Scrypted is generally found to be much less latency than the Homebridge iteration of HKSV. Why not try it :slight_smile:

1 Like

it looks enabled yes. everything seem very fast but it takes like 5 second for audio to start after the picture shows up.

In that case I’d recommend checking out the Scrypted Discord server for support and advice :slight_smile:

Hi not sure if you can help but after installing and clicking open webui it takes me to a login screen with no sign up option how do I obtain a login?

Screenshot?