Add-on: Z-Wave JS UI with Z-Wave JS (error)

I have just installed this - and after reading the documentation 4 times, realized that I needed the S2 keys from my existing Z-Wave JS integration (which is working and talks to the ZooZ ZST10-700 controller).

I have copied those from the Z-Wave JS Integration and put into the UI settings area and restarted. But I cannot get passed the error at the top – even though it shows ‘connected’/

The Serial Port drop Down gave me this:

I cannot get the UI to show me anything. No map, no nodes, nothing.

zwave-js-ui: 8.0.1
zwave-js: 10.2.0
home id: undefined       *<<< Do I have put these in?  Where do I get them?*
home hex: undefined    *<<< Do I have put these in?  Where do I get them?*

I am completely lost…I am not using MQTT

Either use the ZWaveJS addon or the ZWaveJS UI, you cannot run both.

i have this disconnecting driver issue since updating from version 0.47.0. Did install 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 and have had to restart host 4 times alrady. Reverting to 0.47 backup and see if it keeps stable.

Which addons are you using? Any logging? Please raise your own thread to get the best assistance :slight_smile:

Z-Wave JS to MQTT until 0.47 version. will wait for thread if i can proof that version is more stable then the UI 1.0.1 thing

Do I need to uninstall BOTH of them and then just install the UI - which as I can see - has a ‘map’ feature which is what I want (like the Zigbee ZHA does)?

Just shutdown, only start one. You can always switch to the other if just keep 1 as running

I am having problems. I went into the Add-Ons and I disabled the Z-Wave JS and rebooted the system. It keeps showing up in the DEVICES AND SERVICES area. Should it? As when it does, and I click the hyperlink next to Devices – it appears to open the old interface not the new.

Do I have to install the ZWAVE JS add-on and get it working …BEFORE I install the UI?

Nothing seems to be working correctly.

thats not the add on, thats the integration.
ZwaveJS UI is containing all you need. Just make sure it’s the only zwave addon running. Then redo the integration to point to the right endpoint.
From my memory, the integration uses the Zwave JS URL, but readding it gives you the choice to point it to the UI add on.

1 Like

I uninstalled ALL ADD-ONS and INTEGRATIONS after removing ALL Z-Wave items and nodes. I then reset my ZOOZ ZST-10 700 Controller to factory default. Plugged it in to the HA and rebooted.

I then added the Z-Wave JS UI - it does appear to install the Z-Wave JS too, but is greyed on the screen (see below) - I have a map (per se) and the tools (Heal, Re-Interview, etc.) are awesome.

Not sure what it if I should do MQTT for Zwave and Zigbee. Still researching what it does and what benefits I would get.

when you install the integration, you’ll need to specify NOT to also install z-waveJS addon (still, bear with me how it looks, didnt look at this part for months). It will install it for you otherwise, so you can un install it. JS UI gives you all you need for zwave, nothing to add.

I too am trying to convert from the JS add on to the JS UI add on, but I am unsure of the correct steps and sequence to do this.

Must I completely uninstall the JS add on, AND the Z-Wave Integration?

Do I then install the JS UI add-on and then REINSTALL the Z-Wave Integration? Or does the sequence matter?

I have retained my keys and USB information from my current JS install.

I appreciate any guidance here.

afaik…
Stop the JS addon
INstall JS UI
reconfig the integration with correct URL for the JS server. below checkbox not checked

1 Like

Hey thanks for the quick reply!

So I “reconfigure server”. Uncheck the box and reboot?

How do I reconfigure the integration with the correct url for the JS UI server?

Thanks!

thats the next screen in the config flow

dont think reboot is required btw.

1 Like

Ok.

Thanks. I’ll give it another shot when I can.

I DO like the interface so it seems worth it.

Well FWIW, I was able to get the Z-Wave JS UI add on working. It seems the designation of the port in the Configurations was the key.

Regarding the Integration, I had to delete it and re-install. Apparently the option to reconfigure is lost if the Integration does not have a working connection…it had been connected to the conventional Z-Wave JS add on. (This from the HA User Forum).

Unfortunately I have to rename all my devices, but that is a minor problem because the UI add-on interface is really nice.

Thanks for all the help. I am posting this hoping it will be helpful to others.

nice… seen it too today, no connection gives you hardtime reconfiguring to new URL.
I found the .storage/config_entries file and there you can edit, but be sure you edit without errors or you mess up the whole config.

My Z-Wave JS UI is finally up and running, but all the old entities from Z-Wave JS are still present as “unavailable” in the system. I am trying to find where the entities that show up in the new UI are located or how to change their names so that I can use them in HA.

Edit: Also, do I need to remove my old entities from HA?