Add-Ons problem

Hi,
I’m running HAOS on a Intel NUC, since end-of 2023 I’ve a problem with add-ons, not sure what caused the problem nor found a solution, I tried a lot…finally I made a new installation in a VM (so that I can test without impacting ‘production’). Afterwards I restored a backup (backup time from before the issue started), without success. The issue seems to be there before. I also tried to restore only parts from that backup, a new backup/restore with all addons disabled, was also not the tie breaker…and yes, I restarted everything many many times…
I forget to mention add-ons are running and accessible, but icons are broken and they don’t get updates.

My guess is that there’s an issue with the addon stores, they are empty, everytime I do a restart (supervisor, machine,…), they are empty afterwards…adding a store leads to the error “‘str’ object has no attribute ‘get’”

That’s the related supervisor log:

[24-03-07 15:10:02 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.middleware.security] /store access from a0d7b954_ssh
[24-03-07 15:10:06 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.api.middleware.security] /store/repositories access from a0d7b954_ssh
[24-03-07 15:10:06 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.store.git] Loading add-on /data/addons/git/a0d7b954 repository
[24-03-07 15:10:06 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] Unhandled exception: 'str' object has no attribute 'get'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/jobs/decorator.py", line 303, in wrapper
    return await self._method(obj, *args, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/store/__init__.py", line 105, in add_repository
    await self._add_repository(url, persist=persist, add_with_errors=False)
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/store/__init__.py", line 187, in _add_repository
    await self.data.update()
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/store/data.py", line 120, in update
    await self._read_addons_folder(
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/store/data.py", line 231, in _read_addons_folder
    return await self.sys_run_in_executor(_process_addons_config)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/store/data.py", line 213, in _process_addons_config
    addon_config = SCHEMA_ADDON_CONFIG(addon_config)
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 254, in __call__
    return self._exec((Schema(val) for val in self.validators), v)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/voluptuous/validators.py", line 377, in _exec
    v = func(v)
        ^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 281, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 855, in validate_callable
    return schema(data)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/validate.py", line 214, in _migrate
    name = config.get(ATTR_NAME)
           ^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get'

Due to my backup problem, I want to avoid a new installation. Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this problem?

THANKS.

It sounds like the system has issues loading the config of the add-on store.

Can you check if there are issues noted in the resolution center using ha resolution info? If so you can apply them using ha resolution suggestion apply [id].