Add-ons stop responding

Hi everyone.

For some reason some add-ons stop responding and the only way to get those working back again is restarting the host. That means those can’t be accessed via web interface, restarted or stopped. Add-ons don’t report logs back either, there are last logs captured when add-on has been running only.
I have HAOS setup and I’ve been using motioneye add-on for quite some time. Have started to see the behaviour described and decided to try another NVR integration - frigate. But it turned out that it suffers from the same issue, i.e. it looks like issue is not add-on specific and it might be something at HA side.
Tried to stop and restart add-ons via ha cli, that doesn’t work either.

Could you please suggest what it can be?

Thanks

Hello Yuri,

You should be able to restart the add-on container to clear issues, but I’m thinking something different is going on.
Both the add-ons you menton use copious amounts of disk and memory. There may be a disk space issue you are bumping into or a memory size / swap space issue.
That is where I would look first.

Thanks @Sir_Goodenough. How do I restart container? Hoped I could use portainer add-on but it looks like it is not recommended to be used with ha.
Don’t think it could be related to disk space or memory usage as both add-ons start to behave this way after initial setup and don’t seem to consume too much resources.

Lower left corner of the Addon Info pages.

Are you running an SD card? TBH that was my first thought on the cause…

Restarting via UI or from command line (ha addons restart) doesn’t help. Do you know if there is a way to restart it a lower level?
Host is a mini pc with 100gb SSD and 8gb RAM.

If you can’t restart the add-on from the UI, something else is at play.
This stuff looking OK?
2024.5+: Tracking down instability issues caused by integrations.
Disk space being eaten up - #9 by mjvanderveen.

Have installed Advanced SSH add-on in order to reach out to docker cli. Frigate container appears unhealthy and I can’t stop, kill or remove it. With force flag either. It returns an error: “could not kill: tried to kill container, but did not receive an exit event”.
Is it safe to restart docker service in this case or host restart will be required?