Add or remove attributes from snapshot_entities

I’ve been trying out the relatively new scene.create service to try to copy settings from several devices so that they can be set back to whatever state they were in prior.
Along with learning about scene.create, I found the new snapshot_entities option to be a nice addition.

However, I’m dealing with some rgb smart bulbs, and one of the things that I’ve learned early on is that to change the rgb_color, you cannot set the color_temp. Currently, when trying to use snapshot_entities on these bulbs, the color_temp gets set. I want my bulbs to go bright white temporarily (which can only be done using color_temp), but then I want them to go back to using whatever rgb_color they were prior. If the scene I change them back to comes with color_temp, they just stay bright white.

I’d love to see something like:

snapshot_entities:
         - light.bulb1
           exclude:
              - color_temp
              - some_other_attr

Or maybe something additive would be more logical:

snapshot_entities:
         - light.bulb1
           include:
              - rgb_color
              - brightness

I’m not sure which way would be more convenient or useful to the community. Maybe both?

Have you found a solution to this problem since then?

I haven’t looked into this since I moved my motion sensor to another part of the house. I wanted to have the outdoor bulbs go bright when a motion sensor went off, and then they could go back to the dimmer seasonal (or just white power saving) mode.
Now that I’ve installed a video doorbell, I’m wanting to use it as the motion sensor, but it’s wifi and my iot wifi network doesn’t talk to my home assistant at all. Until I get a new router that can do more nuanced guest network segmentation, I’m probably not going to look into this. But I still definitely want to figure it out.

I’m also looking for this functionality. I have a few template entities (template light, template cover, universal media player) that are giving me trouble when re-applying snapshots.

For example, the amplifier will toggle “mute” every time, because there’s only a service for toggling mute which gets called when the attribute is re-applied, no matter the state. I had to deactivate the mute switch completely, which is a bummer.

Same with the lights, after taking a snapshot of the (turned on) light and then turning it off, once I apply the snapshot the light shows up as “on”, but the correct REST command is never sent, probably because some unsupported attributes are being applied.

So, what I would propose:
Implement filtering (either include or exclude specific atributes, or even the actual state) when creating a scene (snapshot_entities), OR when applying a scene.
I think the latter might be just as useful, if not even better.