Add/remove entities from integration using config flow

I’m in the process of moving my custom component avanza_stock to be a part of home assistant. I’ve read some documentation and tried looking at other integrations but I have not found my use case.

The integration is based on knowing the id of a stock, fund, index, … Thus I would like the user to be able to add as many ids as they would like to when using the config flow. But I’m having trouble figuring this out, I’m thinking that I should do a loop and show the user a form until they are done.

After the user has added all its ids (there will be on entity per id) I would like the user to be able to remove entitites (which I think is kinda straight forward) but also to add new entities to the integration. I.e. the same config flow as above but not creating a new integration. I’ve seen that some integrations have Options and some have Configure, perhaps it is one of those that should be used?

The api I’m using also has a nice search feature, so instead of looking up the id I could search by name and show a list to the user of the possible stockd, funds,…

I guess this is all possible but if someone can point me at some existing integration that have similar behaviour that would help a lot.

Thumbs up for the development documentation, it got me up and running quickly. Perhaps I was to tired last night when I tried this out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

did you find a solution for the issue? how an integration can delete entities?

I haven’t moved it into core yet :sweat_smile: I think the config flow has evolved alot since I asked a this question, remvoing entitites seems to be built in nowdays :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your reply, removing entities are built into default setup but integration owners should act on an event to make it happen and without it, they are undeletable :slight_smile:

I am trying to find the missing piece