Add service integration.reload

So just to clarify, I haven’t used this service in quite a while so I’m really not an expert on it. But given what you’re saying and showing it seems like someone should update the documentation since I assumed it was correctly showing me what inputs it accepts:

As you can see, it lists entity_id, area_id and device_id as options but entry_id is no where to be found.

I can confirm this works and my use case is fulfilled.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s a bit odd as the ui interface of the service shows other options than the yaml interface .

What I understood meanwhile via Discord, is that one can enter an entity_id of an integration in that service call, which would reload the integration the entity_id belongs to.

Haven’t tested yet though.

1 Like

Would it be too much trouble if I asked you to share the ‘reload integration’ flow? I’m also using nodered in hassio and was researching automatic integration reloading due to (quite frequent) ikea integration fails.

Kind thanks in advance!

It is still there, but missing from the docs.

3 Likes

RBE:

TRIGGER:

Thanks, but I meant the whole flow in json format. That way the whole flow/settings get exported.

Anyway will try to redo the flow based on your screen shots as soon as I get some free time.

Cheers!

Just what I was looking for! Thank you!

I have big problems with the Octoprint integration, all 3 instances keep failing sensors every now and then and even after hours do not come back with values.
tried to find the ID with the inspect but can’t find anything can someone help me how I do it?

Add me as a requester! The unifi integration craps out regularly and marks entities as “unknown”. I’d like to be able to automate the reload, instead of having to add an alert and clicking around the UI to make it work again.

Well you can, no need repeating the request for a service that’s been around for a while now…

tested that and it works beautifully. No need to find an entry_id, just use an entity_id belonging to an integration.

1 Like

Meanwhile I do not need the reload because the integration were I had issues got stable. But considering we have so many different integrations with different quality. Would a optional watchdog mechanism that restarts those integrations with the mentioned service call be usefull? We have a similar mechanism on the add ons. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have voted for this as a reload integration service would be good, instead of having to manually do it from the Integrations page.

For me, I did solve my particular issue as it was related to OctoPrint, and as I only have 1 3D printer it is only one entity. I used the homeassistant.reload_config_entry service to reload the 3D printer device, which in turn reloads all the entities for that device. I use the power status of the printer as the trigger. This works great with just one device. I would not want to use it for me DeConz integration though as I have over 40 ZigBee devices.

I’m trying to reload the Alarm Decoder integration, which doesn’t have entities. How would I go about finding its config entry id?

is it a config entry in the first place?

Could you give more details how you get INTEGRATION_ID and MY_TOKEN, please?
I am not very savvy with this.

“Inspect Element” → “Network” … what page should I be in, where is “inspect element” ?

ty

I dunno, maybe it doesn’t have one? Can integrations not have config entries? In which case, it just goes back to the title of the thread…

Well, if you have read the thread, you should have seen only integrations that are setup via the UI are/have config entries.

Hi there!
Did you get this working with Nodered? I’m trying to relaod my Xiaomi Aqara integration, which fails very often.
Thanks!