Add Support for Fujitsu wireless Air Conditioning control app - FGLair

Same thing here… After some hours, the plugin doesn’t want to start the AC anymore, and I have to use FGLair instead…

sorry for the noob question but is there a trick to actually see the integration once ive followed all of this thread and ensured all the files are in the correct place and up to date?

Ive added a version number in the manifest too and that error is now no longer present in the logs. Just a 'integration hasnt been tested ’ warning and my config yaml is preventing me from restarting the server due to ‘no fujitsu_general_heatpump integration found’ so i comment the credentials out temporarily so that I can restart the server.

Im running on VirtualBox Ubuntu and its pretty fresh so im not sure if i need any other pre requisites to actually find and install the integration.

Finally had some time to update to 2021.6, and of course this integration no longer worked.
Looking at everyone else’s comments, I realised that a version tag was needed in the manifest.json file.

Added a version, but still ‘no fujitsu_general_heatpump integration found’. After a bit of searching in the forums, discovered that the “domain” key in the manifest.json needs to be the same as the folder name in the custom components folder.

After doing this, it went back to working perfectly again.

Here is my manifest,json file in case it may help anyone:

{
  "domain": "fujitsu_general_heatpump",
  "name": "fujitsu_general_heatpump",
  "documentation": "https://github.com/Mmodarre/pyfujitsu_for_homeassistant/blob/95e3ba879214aa9abf70979185ae189776ba4846/README.md",
  "dependencies": [],
  "codeowners": ["@Mmodarre"],
  "requirements": ["pyfujitsu==0.9.0"],
  "homeassistant": "0.96.0",
  "version": "0.0.0"
}

Cheers
Rebel Elephant

2 Likes

thanks!! that works

Hi! I also have this issue! After couple of days, i cannot stop and start my AC, only with FGLair. Did anyone find a solution for this? Thank you for your help!

Update: at my side only cool is not working, i can turn it off, set to fan_only heat, but cool setup is not working after a couple of hours, days! :S Do you have any hint?
Thanks! Have a nice day!

I’m having the same issue. All features work except setting the mode to “Cool”. I can put the AC into any other mode, power on/off, and change temp no problem…but as soon as I select cool nothing happens and I have to use the fglair app

Running HA Core on a Docker (Synology).
Wanted to run HA OS so installed it, but I can’t get my airconditioning to work on HA OS. I simply copied everything but I keep getting the same error, “component not found”. Guess i’ll keep my HA Core for a while.

I saw @Mmodarre’s original thread, but then found this one and have been muddling through. I’m in the US, running HA on a Synology VM. I’ve attempted to follow the comments above. I’m getting the following error when checking config:

Platform error climate.fujitsu_general_heatpump - cannot import name 'ATTR_AWAY_MODE' from 'homeassistant.components.climate.const' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/const.py)

I’ve done this:

…and this:

(_pycache_ was automatically created)

…and my configuration.yaml has this:

climate:
  - platform: fujitsu_general_heatpump
    username: !secret fglair_username
    password: !secret fglair_password
    region: 'us'
    tokenpath: '/config/token.txt'

I’m also using @rebelelephant’s manifest.json file from comment # 208 and @leacho73’s code from comment # 203 in my climate.py file to get current temperature.
I don’t see this error anywhere above. Any ideas?

EDIT: It’s working… mostly.

Hi, I am Chris and got my Fujitsu ACs recognized in Home Assistant today.
The strange thing is, that I can view the status of the AC’s, but I can not send commands to them. Also the FGLair APP on my Android phone has the same problem. When sending commands (e.g. Heat or FAN or change temperature) I get a network error on the smartphone. On HA I do not receive errors

But when I send commands to the AC with the IR remote control, I see the changes appear in the FGLair App and a few seconds later also in the Home Assistant dashboard.

Does anyone has this behavior to? Any suggestions?

Problem disappears after a few days. I did not change anything. I suppose there was a problem at fglair server side.

I’ve just installed this successfully for the first time… but I have the same issue as described above.

@philwilldo thanks for this cool add-on. Worked flawlessly the first time.
Minor change required though in the instruction:
The correct installation would be

A) Download and install the files
B) Restart HASS This is missing in your instructions The restart forces the HASS to recognise the new component although the configuration is missing.
C) Configuration.yaml changes
D) Restart Hass

If users follow the instructions given, HASS won’t let the server to restart due to the configuration error !!
Hope this helps

Hey there, I just recently got this to work with my Home Assistant install on Debian 11. I’m having an issue where I can only adjust the temperature in celsius, and only a few temperatures in Fahrenheit. 68F & 69F work, 77F sets it to 78F in the FGLair app, 78F sets it to 79F, and 86F sets it to 88F.

Does anyone else have this issue or know of a solution?

Thank you!

Hi there. Want to use this to make automations for my home. Following functions do not respond (in automations and UI) climate turn on and mode heat. Anyone else who has this problems?

Hi Taylor,

The device seems to be based on .5 degree Celcius increments, what I’ve done is set up automations that use set_temperature commands like ‘70.7’ which work out to nice round Celcius values like 21.5. You could also change code in climate.py to convert F to C, but that’s more work.

I also see this, setting to "auto’ will turn it on. I’ve also found that setting to ‘fan’ and restarting HA (venv) will often make the various hvac modes work again.

Hi there.
I have similar problem.
Can set every AC to COOL, FAN, AUTO but not in HEAT!

Heat is sometimes possible with 1 unit. That 1 unit where it works, is changing every day, always another unit that works in heating with this integration :’(.

Thanks! This helped me. Now heating is possible with all AC units.

hello,

I upgraded to 2022.2 and my setup for the airco’s stopped working.
when i try to restart HA i get the following message:

Platform error climate.fujitsu_general_heatpump - cannot import name ‘ClimateDevice’ from ‘homeassistant.components.climate’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/init.py)

i have no idea where to start looking;)