Add Support for Fujitsu wireless Air Conditioning control app - FGLair

+1 on AIRSTAGE mobile, just had a few heat pumps installed and hoping to integrate with HA. Happy to test any integration or sniff the Wi-Fi protocol from the mobile app

3 Likes

+1 on Airstage

1 Like

Hi!

I am also +1 on Airstage but as an alternative I would prefer to control the devices locally.

At least the WH3E modules provide an access point the Airstage-app can connect to do “direct control” mode. But I managed to extract the api calls and those also work on their permanently connected lan address. As far as I can see those are even stateless so no authentication or “syncing” process required.

If anyone could include them into an existing plugin or framework I would be happy to provide them!

1 Like

Please keep me posted on further development. I have one of the new Wireless LAN cards, TFSXH3 that only pair with the Airstage. therefore no linkage into HA etc. Let me know if you need any help testing.

Have you tried the Airstage adapter with GitHub - deiger/AirCon: Scripts for controlling Air Conditioners, e.g. with HiSense modules. as it may use the same local protocol as FGLair??

Do you have any snippets of the API you can share as it may be similar to some of the other AC implementations??

Yes, I tried the Aircon way previously but while Airstage seems to be a completely independent ecosystem no api code worked for sign in.
What exactly do you mean with “Airstage adapter”? Not sure if I missed anything.

Basic examples regarding local control on WH3E modules are like those:

• system state
curl -vv -X POST --data '{"device_id":"${DEVICE_ID}","device_sub_id":0,"req_id":"","modified_by":"","set_level":"03","list":["iu_wifi_led","iu_af_inc_hrz","iu_af_inc_vrt","iu_indoor_tmp","iu_outdoor_tmp","iu_hmn_det","iu_main_ver","iu_eep_ver","iu_has_upd_main","iu_has_upd_eep","iu_fld_set80"]}' 'http://${LAN_IP}/GetParam'
  • mode set
curl -vv -X POST --data '{"device_id":"
${DEVICE_ID}","device_sub_id":0,"req_id":"","modified_by":"","set_level":"03","list":["iu_onoff","iu_op_mode","iu_fan_spd","iu_set_tmp","iu_af_dir_vrt","iu_af_swg_vrt","iu_af_dir_hrz","iu_af_swg_hrz","ou_low_noise","iu_fan_ctrl","iu_hmn_det_auto_save","iu_min_heat","iu_powerful","iu_economy","iu_err_code","iu_demand","iu_fltr_sign_reset"]}' 'http://${LAN_IP}/GetParam'
  • on/off (previous mode):
curl -vv -X POST --data '{"device_id":"${DEVICE_ID}","device_sub_id":0,"req_id":"","modified_by":"","set_level":"02","value":{"iu_onoff":"[[1|0]]"}}' 'http://${LAN_IP}/SetParam'

I have just got an Airstage WLAN dongle (I couldn’t find an FGLair adapter for my ducted unit)

Have you made any progress on the local control API?

I was going to start having a hack of this but am quite new to this.

Thank you for this, it looks like you might be able to make it work if someone has any experience with these things. We would really need this integration, as the new models won’t connect to FGLair at all. Where can I get the device_id for my devices, so that I can check your api requests instead of getting {"result":"NG","error":"0002"} ?

I have started a new topic to stop us spamming the FGLair topic

2 Likes

Hello gorstj

As you stated, Fujitsu is now promoting several Wifi adapters supported by different wifi apps

The more recent solution is covering a limited number of A/C, with a very limited number of users
The more widely spread solution is integrated in HA and is covering most of fujitsu (and other brands) A/C

The way fujitsu is managing its product roadmap is bad as the new App is not covering existing infrastructure, and it will take a lot of time to be widely used. new users can wait for some time before the critical mass is there

On the other side existing users have no needs but also no possibility to migrate to the new app
(the existing solution allow for a local piloting of the A/C via MQTT…)

This situation/strategy is not respectful for none of fujitsu customers

I contacted an official fujitsu distributor. And no phase out is foreseen on the FGLair compliant devices (they can still be purchased). Can i ask you from where you got this information ?

FGLair adapters are not available in the UK (I have been trying to buy some for a few weeks and only succeeded in buying for one of my new units)

It seems a similar position across Europe that they are moving to Airstage.

I don’t have any official information, only based on the availability from dealers.

My understanding is that the Airstage adapters are available for all their range (certainly slim-duct and wall mount splits)

John

Seems that to be able to use Airstage, you need to buy a new device: UTY-TFSXH3

What is the value proposition ? What does it bring more ? Why would existing FGLair users invest ?

We are back to the initial problem.

Why fujitsu has suspended its delivery of FG lair compliant Wifi in the UK ? How do they deal with their existing customer base

I remember that one year ago availability of FG Lair compliant devices where also out of stock in the benelux. This is not the case anymore

I am getting the same result NG error message. I wonder is your unit set to local mode or cloud mode? I wonder it it being set to cloud mode causes the errors? Thanks.

Hello @gorstj, the company that installed our aircon units informed me that there will be no further use of FGLAir and only AIRStage will be supported in the future.

Are there tests available for this Home Assistant plugin as I keep getting an authentication error while my credentials are correct. Lost a lot of time getting the plugin to work (upgrading HA, re-install and configure plugins, cameras, …) but now authentication is not working. A step by step manual and some tests might be useful. Can anyone help?
Logger: homeassistant.components.climate
Source: custom_components/fujitsu_general_heatpump/climate.py:85
Integration: Climate (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1:55:00 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:55:00 PM

Error while setting up fujitsu_general_heatpump platform for climate

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 353, in _async_setup_platform await asyncio.shield(task) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 58, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/config/custom_components/fujitsu_general_heatpump/climate.py”, line 85, in setup_platform if not fglairapi._authenticate(): ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyfujitseu/api.py”, line 105, in _authenticate response = self._call_api(“POST”, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pyfujitseu/api.py”, line 164, in _call_api response.raise_for_status() File “/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/requests/models.py”, line 1021, in raise_for_status raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self) requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://user-field.aylanetworks.com/users/sign_in.json

Have you found out anything? I’m very interested in fetching the current temperature as well

Sorry to bump this up, but after reading through 6 years of development, I’m completely lost on how to get this running.

I have the hisense add-on, but whatever I enter in the config, it always fails to save and says “Missing option ‘app’ in root in HiSense Air Conditioners (c34eddb3_hisense_ac)”

Any help?

I’m new and just trying out HAOS on a VM at the moment.

Edit: nevermind, I got it. For some reason entering the data as yaml instead of using the fill in boxes made it work. Now I just need to wait for tomorrow when the kids are awake to turn on their AC’s to discover which one is which.

I’m a little lost after spending almost 2 hours reading the comments. For several years, the automation of my A/C has been done using Nodered and IFTTT. IFTTT plan price increases by 100% in the coming days. I would like to manage my A/C with the following solution: GitHub - deiger/AirCon: Scripts for controlling Air Conditioners, e.g. with HiSense modules.. Control would be by MQTT with automation by Nodered and manual control by HA.

I want to install the A/C control server on a synology docker, outside of HA. However, I am stuck on prerequisite #4, because my router does not allow me to control Internet access. Is this prerequisite mandatory? What are the risks if I leave access to the Internet?

Once everything has been configured, the A/Cs can be blocked from connecting to the internet, as it will no longer be needed. Set them static IP addresses in the router, and write them down.

Note: To avoid the need for manual changes later, make sure the app is aware of the new IP addresses before disconnecting the A/Cs from the internet.

I’ve been using this add-on successfully for a few years. Over the weekend, a power outage somehow caused my router to lose all of its assigned (static) IP addresses. I have three FGLAir heat pumps that I’ve been controlling with the Hisense add-on.

I’ve re-assigned the same IP addresses to the three units. Two are connected to the add-on; the third is connected to WiFi, but the add-on will not pick it up. Here are the logs:

I0325 09:01:05.663  query_handlers.py:139] Decrypted: {"seq_no":0,"data":{"name":"operation_mode","value":6}}
I0325 09:01:05.665  web_log.py:206] x.x.x.103 [25/Mar/2024:13:01:05 +0000] "POST /local_lan/property/datapoint.json?cmd_id=0&status=200 HTTP/1.1" 200 150 "-" "-"
I0325 09:01:05.668  query_handlers.py:139] Decrypted: {"seq_no":0,"data":{"name":"operation_mode","value":6}}
I0325 09:01:05.670  web_log.py:206] x.x.x.101 [25/Mar/2024:13:01:05 +0000] "POST /local_lan/property/datapoint.json?cmd_id=0&status=200 HTTP/1.1" 200 150 "-" "-"
E0325 09:01:08.647  notifier.py:121] Failed to connect to x.x.x.102, maybe it is offline?

I get the “failed to connect” message for the third unit over & over. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the add-in. I can ping the unit from within the network. I’ve confirmed the unit is available in the FGLAir app…

OK, I’m leaving this up just in case anyone runs into it, but as I was running down the list of things I’d tried, I realized I hadn’t power-cycled the heat pump. That worked.

Anyone else experience a significant delay when controlling heat pumps? I got the deiger aircon container running last night in Docker and at first seemed really snappy. But playing with it this morning there is a delay between any command and the heat pump responding, feels like around a minute. Is there a way to overcome this?

Also I haven’t blocked the units from the internet like it said to in the instructions, why is this necessary?