Add Support for Fujitsu wireless Air Conditioning control app - FGLair

If you are running HA on a Pi I would probably recommend running the Home Assistant OS rather than the Pi Linux. https://www.home-assistant.io/getting-started/

Hello!!

In short, 2 Fujitsu air conditioners will be installed with the corresponding wi fi modules.

I’m reading and it seems there are problems with the FGLair plugin, I use HASSIO on Synology Docker (python version 3.8.6). How could I install it? Thanks for everything!

EDIT: Working 100%, installing pyfujitsu inside docker and using python library. Thanks a lot!!,

An update from my side: I installed python 3.8.6 now. Home Assistant does see it on Configuration/Info page.
Home assistant is unable to load my config file saying "Platform error climate.fujitsu_general_heatpump - No module named pyfujitseu ".
I have copied the pyfujitseu module here: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pyfujitseu/

I have 3 python folders now in /usr/lib:
python2.7/ python3/ python3.7/
Only “python 3” has the folder named dist-packages.

What can I do? :frowning:

What might fix your issue is to use pip, which is Pythons package install in install the pyfujitseu module.

If you can ssh to your machine run:

pip install pyfujitseu

This will install the module in Pythons packages location rather than inside the Home Assistant config folder, but Python should then load the module okay.

I did this already, it did not help:

and then:

UPDATE: I started a bash inside the home assistant pod and did a “pip install pyfujitseu”. It installed the python library and there is not error when checking the config anymore.

1. is this the right procedure? what will happen when I update the HA? I think it will fetch a new container which will not have the module by default…
  2. while I am not getting any error, I don’t know how can I fetch data from this integration.

The files:

please note I took climate.py and made a copy with the name fujitsu_general_heatpump.py as per:

The content of the configuration.yaml:

What am I doing wrong here?
Thanks.

OMG, I just noticed HA is running in docker container.
How can I then copy the fujitseu module inside the container?

It sounds like you are on the right track.
Have you looked in Configuration > Entities to see if there is now a climate entity?

Yepp, it’s not there. All I have starting with climate is my vaillant devices. :frowning:
What could be the problem then? :frowning:

Are you getting the following message in your Home Assistant log when it starts up? You will find this under Configuration > Logs

You are using a custom integration for fujitsu_general_heatpump which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.

You should be seeing this message as its a custom integration. I can see that you were getting errors when doing a Check Config but you didn’t mention the error log. I suspect we will see some useful info there.

I just restarted HA and looks at the Logs as you advised. This is the entry I see that is related to the fujitseu module:

What do you think?

The error looks like it’s related to authentication and in particular the token file. The docs for the plugin indicate the tokenpath is optional but I think it would be worth adding. I have mine set to the following:

tokenpath: /config/token.txt

The example in the docs also include it:

climate:
  - platform: fujitsu_general_heatpump
    username: !secret FGLAIR_USER
    password: !secret FGLAIR_PASS
    region: 'eu'
    tokenpath: 'token.txt'

From memory the component will generate the token file based on the path.

What is the full path of that token.txt, please?
Where is the value of the FGLAIR_USER and PASS stored?

It works now. :slight_smile:
Thanks for ALL the help, you’ve been great. :slight_smile:

Excellent news. Glad to help.

Hello!

Is there any possibility to automate the start of the air conditioners? For example, taking the outside temperature?

I can’t get the correct values into HASSIO to turn itself on.

Thank you!

Here is one of my scripts that I use to turn my Heat Pump on, to heat, and to 27C.

alias: Thermostat Heat to 27C
sequence:
  - service: climate.set_hvac_mode
    data:
      hvac_mode: heat
    entity_id: climate.heat_pump
  - service: climate.set_temperature
    data:
      temperature: 27
    entity_id: climate.heat_pump
mode: single
icon: 'mdi:thermometer'

I would create a seperate script to detect the outside temp and trigger this script. I currently just automate mine based on time.

Thanks you so much!! I try it and i will post the result!!

Just curious, is there any chance of getting this done without putting their airco in the cloud / creating fglair user!?

BR,
parsi

There isn’t a local API or access. You could use something like a Sensibo to control it via IR.

Nice, thank you! Will have a look into it