IntesisHome WiFi AC Control

Does anyone have any idea why the target temp is in Celsius while the current temperature is in Fahrenheit?

Here you have an updatet repo (https://github.com/rubenzori86/IntesisHA )wit original python version modified with some recovered features:

• can use secrets.yaml
  • recovered fan operation mode

tested on 0.82.1

1 Like

Can you explain what that means?

Sure, on the first fix from tehbrd when jnimmo abandoned project, he didn’t enabled fan mode on climate gui. I reenabled it.

1 Like

Great. Works for me.

My heater has 6 levels (5+auto) and the old component died if it was las on highest - the new component works even if it does not know the 6th level. It just does not show what the current level is, that is ok with me. :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m using @rubenzori86 script (thank you very much) and it works fine to me except for two issues. The first is that when I go to Lovelace, the temperature selector appears but not the mode selector. The other one is that it does not seem to work correctly when using it from Homekit. It’s curious that I can turn on the device or change the temperature but not turn it off or change the operating mode. It seems that the state does not refresh well.
Has anyone else had these problems?
Thanks in advance.

I also experience this but I haven’t looked into why yet. Oddly, it used to work with Google Home. You could turn on / off and I think set up the modes. But at some point it stopped working

Mine seems to work to fine but with some issues that I wondered if anyone could help with:

• The fan speed seems to off by one. Quiet mode in HomeAssistant = Low in Intesis, Low in HomeAssistant = Medium in Intesis, Medium in HomeAssistant = High in Intesis. Auto and Quiet in HomeAssistant just reset themselves to Medium in HomeAssistant after a minute or so.
  • Temperature and Mode works perfectly.
  • If I use it with Homekit, then it none of the modes work for turning it on/off. Only the temperature change works.

Hello, I have some errors since the new version of HA (0.88.2). When intesishome starts I have the following message (see at the end). As requested in the error message, I copied “intesishome.py” from climate to intesishome/climate.py but still have the same error message. Nevertheless, Intesishome is working fine sofar even with all these warnings. Anyone has an idea how to fix this ?

"2019-03-05 08:50:09 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.intesishome.climate. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 147, in _load_file
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/importlib/init.py”, line 126, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 986, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 969, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 953, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ImportError: No module named ‘custom_components.intesishome.climate’; ‘custom_components.intesishome’ is not a package
2019-03-05 08:50:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for climate.intesishome which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to d$
2019-03-05 08:50:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Integrations need to be in their own folder. Change climate/intesishome.py to intesishome/climate.py. This will stop working soon.
2019-03-05 08:50:09 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.intesishome.climate. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 147, in _load_file
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/importlib/init.py”, line 126, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 986, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 969, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 953, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ImportError: No module named ‘custom_components.intesishome.climate’; ‘custom_components.intesishome’ is not a package
2019-03-05 08:50:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Integrations need to be in their own folder. Change climate/intesishome.py to intesishome/climate.py. This will stop working soon.
"

What seems to have happened is that HA has upgraded to Python 3.7 where ‘async’ is a reserved keyword. That broke both pyIntesisHome and the custom component.

Here is what I changed on pyIntesisHome to make it work: https://github.com/bradleyscott/pyIntesisHome/commit/92835b87b193530d077a7a1a30ee00a462c574e0

And you can check out the changes I made to my Intesis Home component here: https://github.com/bradleyscott/home-automation/commits/master
I probably should collapse the 2 commits I did to make it clearer. But I’ll get on to that another time.

Hope that helps

Thank you for these changes… I presume on top of those, I have to move to Python 3.7.2 (latest release) from version 3.5 I am currently running on my Raspberry Pi…

Good question. I am not sure about that. I am using the Docker container.

I will upgrade to 3.7.2 from 3.5.3 anyway as it seems major improvements have been added since version 3.5.3…

Hi all - do we need to update pyintesishome on pypi? If someone does a pull request happy to do a release and push it to pypi, I just don’t have any way of testing it. I can add you as a maintainer to the project on PyPi @bradleyscott or anyone else appropriate so don’t need to rely on me (just need pypi usernames messaged to me)

Does your AC unit only support 3 fan speeds? As I only ever saw a packet capture from my unit so I wasn’t able to figure out how to determine what fan speeds each unit had while I was reverse engineering the API used by the mobile app.

It looks like the Climate component now supports ‘turn_on’ and ‘turn_off’ methods. I haven’t looked at the changes at all but I’m guessing the Google Home/Homekit side of things may be calling those methods which aren’t implemented in the intesishome platform as those methods didn’t exist back then - also may be relying on having the async_set_operation_mode rather than just set_operation_mode

Someone may just need to take ‘Off’ out of the modes list and move that into the turn on/turn off methods depending on how these are shown in the UI.

Hi, yeah it only has Low, Medium, High and that’s it. Is there a way to configure that? I tried changing the code, but couldn’t make it work.

I’m confused about how to use https://github.com/bradleyscott/pyIntesisHome with Home-Assistant? What do I call in the configuration.yaml? Where do I put the files?

You can reference a github release file directly like I’ve done here: https://github.com/bradleyscott/home-automation/commit/732fd27c5e3668e3f1f3352681cb79de816d2a87
The need for that goes away if there is a new pyIntesisHome version published which you can reference directly

I’m happy to look into some of the other reported issues if someone wanted to setup a user account on their Intesishome site for me… from memory you can setup a read only account which only has access to a specific device, I don’t actually need to be able to control it just have some data there to test HA with