Add support for Pimoroni Automation HAT

Hello!

I run HA OS on an RPi4 that has a Pimoroni Automation HAT on top. Python libs are there: GitHub - pimoroni/automation-hat: Python library and examples for the Pimoroni Automation HAT, pHAT and HAT Mini

An alternative could be installing HA container or HA core instead of HA OS and then install the Pimoroni Automation HAT support on the underlying OS (e.g. Raspberry Pi OS), but I prefer HA OS.

If somebody has further ideas how to access the HAT from HA OS, please let me know. Since I have no/very little coding knowledge, I don’t know if my feature request is feasible at all. Are there maybe other workarounds? I have not yet a project envisioned what to do with the HAT but would be glad if I knew that in principle I could still use it while running HA OS. Else, I might detach the HAT and use it elsewhere.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. :smiley:

PS - this is it:

Hi there! Am I the only one who has interest in this? :wink:

Hi! Have you tried this: GitHub - hassio-addons/addon-mqtt-io: MQTT IO - Home Assistant Community Add-ons ?
If you can’t I might give it a try after Christmas.
Happy Holidays!

1 Like

You can access RPi GPIO pins using the following custom integration available in HACS:

1 Like

Sorry, guys, for my very late response and thank you very much for your feedback!

I looked into both possibilities but am unsure how they differ. And whereas there is Python code available from Pimoroni for their Automation HAT, I wonder how this would be “ported” to one of the solutions posted here (MQTT IO or GPIO Integration via HACS)?

As far as I looked into it, at the time… and forgot to reply :frowning: , there is no Pimoroni support and there were I think under 10 instances of people using Pimoroni integration :smiley:
I made a MQTT script on my RPI that hosts HA supervised (in a container)

Erm, and how could that help me?

You should install NodeRed Extention in HA. Then you can download Automation Hat (mini) node to drive it via NodeRed and communicate with HA. If you don’t known Nodered there are many tutorials on the net.

Good luck

1 Like