Add support for raychem senz wifi termostat

Hi!

Is it possible for Raychems termostat to be connected to Home Assistant?

https://api.senzthermostat.nvent.com/

//Mattias

Yes, it sure is possible since they offer an open API. I would like to see support for this as well

Yes, that would be great!

1 Like

Hi,

I made an integration for SENZ, it is available in my fork: GitHub - milanmeu/core at add-senz-integration. I’m waiting for Nabucasa to set up the Account Linking service before opening a pull request to add it to Home Assistant core. I will keep you posted.

Super great! :grinning:
Keep us updated!

Hi all;
I also made an integration for SENZ, totally independent of @milanmeu :upside_down_face:
It is designed as a custom_component and available for testing at GitHub - astrandb/senz_hass: SENZ WiFi integration for Home Assistant

This is great!
How does one get ahold of the client id and secret from the manufacturer? I cannot find a link to the Event API site.

Br
Jonte

Hi @jonte964, welcome to the Home Assistant Community.

balloob (Paulus Schoutsen) will set up the Home Assistant Cloud Account Linking service on Monday. The custom integration of @astrandb has the same domain as the core integration and should therefore also be able to use this service. With this service you do not have to request OAuth2 credentials yourself, but you can use those provided by Home Assistant. If you still want to request your own credentials, you can find the necessary information in the documentation on https://api.senzthermostat.nvent.com.

:upside_down_face: I always check GitHub before working on an integration, you probably couldn’t find mine because it’s in a fork. I haven’t opened a Pull Request yet because I’ve been waiting for the account linking service since 22 November, otherwise you could have seen it there.

@milanmeu I got a hint from nVent that someone was working on an integration, but I couldn’t find any traces of it

My experience from open source development is that can take anywhere from a few days to many months until something is ready, so I went ahead on my own

Never mind, I find it quite fun to make an integration from scratch. If the central client_id-handling work aslo for my custom component I will be happy. When your core version is submitted/accepted I will be happy to assist if needed.

This sounds encouraging! I will sit back and be happy to test once it’s ready. I did try the API documentation but did not have a chance to get thought it yet.

milianmeu
How is the integration going? Have you made any progress?

4 Likes

First of all, thank you for developing this integration.
Do you know it there has been any progress on this subject since your last post?

I opened a Pull Request to add the integration. But I am still waiting for a second code review before this can be merged. You can follow it’s progress on

1 Like

While waiting for the official integration to be available, my custom component GitHub - astrandb/senz_hass: SENZ WiFi integration for Home Assistant can be used. It is fully functional and can be installed with HACS.
You will need a client_id and a client_secret from Raychem/Senz to access the API. Can be requested from the manufacturer at https://api.senzthermostat.nvent.com/ Ask for credentials for use with integration for Home Assistant. Unfortunately there is no self-service function but they normally respond within a day or two.

I tried this and was given a form to fill out. I have no idea what to enter, can you please help me?

Definition of the project - Give a short description of the project

Grant types/flows - Define which grant type you need (chose one of the 3 types below):

• Implicit
  • Authorization code
  • Hybrid

Offline access - Yes or No, depending if you need to work with a refresh token

ID - This is the Client ID, you will use this to identify yourself with

Client Name - This is the name that will be displayed to the end user on the consent page.
Example: The “Client Name” is asking to access your account on your behalf.

Redirect Uris - Defines the allowed redirect URIs this Client ID is allowed to receive access token on.
Multiple can be added in order to support a test and a live version of the program

Post logout redirect Uris - If the external application supports openid logout. You can set-up the redirect URIs the end user will be redirected to after logout from the SENZ WIFI Identity service.
Multiple can be added in order to support a test and a live version of the program

Allowed CORS Origins - If the external application is a website, it needs to be a verified CORS origin. This allows the website to talk to the SENZ WIFI Identity service

Company Name - This is for us to be able to contact you in case needed

Contact Name

Contact Info

Access to SENZ WIFI - Describes the fact that your API development will access the thermostats and what it will do with this access.

Description - Describes what the integration is doing and how this will affect the thermostat in the end user’s account

Permission - Describes that by allowing the access, the end user is granting permission to connect with his thermostats

@Schlbuditz Please see an example here senz_hass/application_form.md at main · astrandb/senz_hass (github.com)

1 Like

Thank you Åke!

A small update: Paulus has set up account linking for senz, note that core version 2022.3.0 or higher is required.

@milanmeu Do you think it is possible for the custom component to use the account linking? If yes, what changes are needed.

You can already use it if you trick the cloud component into thinking that you are already using version 2022.3.0. To do this, you need to add the following to config_flow.py:

from awesomeversion import AwesomeVersion
from homeassistant.components.cloud import account_link
account_link.CURRENT_VERSION = AwesomeVersion("2022.3.0")

And add the code above or the following to __init__.py:

from homeassistant.components.cloud import account_link
account_link.HA_VERSION = "2022.3.0"
1 Like