Add Support for VW ID family

@mitch
thank you for your forked integration. Nice work!
For me it was necessary to uninstall the integration skagmo/ha_vwid and clean config.yaml! After that it works great.

regards

Peer

2 Likes

Now if only there was a possibility to also write / push things rather than read-onlyā€¦
Such as to start climatizing, or to start window heating.
You can then connect it to start X time before your departure time based on your calendar and estimated driving time. Perhaps only if it is plugged in.

3 Likes

Yeah, there should be a way to set certain info like starting the climatization (+ target temperature etc.), start/stop charging, set departure time. I wonder if there is some way to mimic these from the volkswagencarnet implementation (would require to be adapted of course).

1 Like

Hi guys!
I am struggling a bit with this component. I can successfully download and install it, but after entering my credentials and VIN (I am 100% certain it is correct now). I get errors in the log. Any ideas?

@mitchztm, I like your fork. Do you have any ideas?

There is a problem with the api right now.
Other library has the same issue, waiting for the devs to figure it out. (VW changed the login structure)

Iā€™m working on a new integration that makes it possible to set certain things and start the climate control:

Hoping to have a fix this weekend.

See here for the bug:

@Henke22 the fix is done by the developer. There will be a better fix but it works for now, you can use my new integration. Iā€™ve made a topic for it:

2 Likes

Wow, thanks for quick feedback. I was almost certain it was an issue on my side.

I will test this first thing tomorrow (well, when my kids allow me 10 minutes at my computer). Thanks

1 Like

Works like a charm @mitchztm! Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Mitch, here it also works like a charm. i had the SoC solution allready working but this is really nice.
I hope in the future all functions will become available, i can start the heating but i canā€™t control the temp like in the original app. Thanks for your effort in this, really satifying :slight_smile: this is really straight forward, just your credentials to input and it works fine. from there on everybody can make it like they want. I have a wall mounted tablet (PoE powered) to control my house next to the HA-App and can start the heating from there. For the space in my screen i preffer the use off headers instead of pictures in vertical stacked solution (it saves me some space, no more open bars between the picture and first sensor). Thanks again, great effort.

2 Likes

Glad to help guys! (Geen probleem!)

Letā€™s discuss in the new topic:)

Hello,
@mitchztm excellent new repo!
Thank you!

Peer

1 Like

Hi Puch,
Iā€™m very interested in your lovelace code to accomplish this.

Hi Puch,
Iā€™m very interested in your lovelace code also is great!!!. Do you publish or pm please?
You have used template sensors??

@woutercoppens @radeon79,
My code is posted here:

if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

I have tried to download and get the integration by @skagmo working, but home assistant donā€™t seem to recognize it. Has anything changed? I tried to add ā€œvwid:ā€ to the configuration.yaml, but that didnā€™t help. Does anyone have more information about this? Perhaps Iā€™m just missing somethingā€¦

Hi, I have just got my Id.3, and got the Mitch-dc integration working - thank you the effort in making this integration, it has been simple so far!

My question is, how are people managing multiple users in the car?

I am primary Iā€™d.3 user, and my wife is a guest.

When I am logged into the car, the data comes through just great.
However, when my wife is logged in, the data feed stops (the VW Iā€™d.3 app does not show data either, citing driver privacy.)

I tried adding the integration twice, under both VW user IDs, but HA gets very confused.

Any suggestions on how to manage 2 users?

@skagmo I have installed this manually as described however I appear to be getting an error when it attempts to connect, I donā€™t ever see a sensor created for any of the attributes as it fails to even connect.

2023-03-21 07:53:54.469 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up vwid
2023-03-21 07:53:54.469 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain vwid took 0.0 seconds
2023-03-21 07:53:54.513 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.vwid
2023-03-21 07:53:55.255 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.vwid.libvwid] Reconnecting
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/vwid/sensor.py", line 93, in async_update
    data = await self.api.get_status()
  File "/config/custom_components/vwid/libvwid.py", line 204, in get_status
    if await self.reconnect():
  File "/config/custom_components/vwid/libvwid.py", line 109, in reconnect
    (form, action) = self.password_form(await response.read())
TypeError: cannot unpack non-iterable bool object

Looking around, I donā€™t see any other options for the ID family of vehicles here in the US. Mitch has created a version for EU vehicles but that specifically doesnā€™t work elsewhere, the hacs VW Connect also does not support the ID family of cars.

Does anyone know of an available option for US ID family of vehicles or can assist with this integration connection?

Hi Brian, where did you get the image of the car from?