Add Support for VW ID family

Hello,

I am a very happy user of home assistant, and am considering buying a Volkswage id3 in the near future. It would be great if someone would create a integration for the new VW family, that shows stats, such as charge state, battery percentage, etc. It would also be awesome to preheat the cabin using Home Assistant.
Thank you very much in advance :slight_smile:

If perhaps this would be a Dutch car I suppose it’ll include a subscription to Mijn Volkswagen. If this is the case then you can just use the Mind integration available in HACS.

To bad it isn’t. I drive an ID4 1st. Tried the weconnect hacs integration, weconnect default site and the mijnvolkswagen site. I can’t connect to the id4 with the VIM and redirected to the ID app. I guess the ID family is a complete new branch. Seems possible to use iobroker… maybe running iobroker in between ?https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59529&start=40

Able to integrate with iobroker in docker and getting data by API calls if anyone is interested let me know

Just made a rudimentary Python library for polling status using the We Connect ID API, and will continue to work on a custom component the upcoming days and leave a link to the repository here.

2 Likes

First commit available. Feel free to test it: https://github.com/skagmo/ha_vwid

5 Likes

This is awesome work. Do you have plans to add abilities to control charging?

Hi @skagmo,
I’ve got an ID.3 and just tried your integration. Works perfectly well!

What I do not completely understand is this: Only the entity “state of charge” is visible in the HA UI although in the ‘background’ a lot of additional information like “CruisingRangeElectricKm” is technically already available.
Is that something that would need to be fixed in your integration or can I fix that in the UI?

Thanks. It’s on my to-do list, but I wouldn’t expect it to happen anytime soon.

Nice to hear, Peter. There is only one sensor, and the rest of values are added as attributes to that sensor. It’s done to avoid the overhead of a lot of potentially unused sensors which will be logged and slow down the database etc. You can make an attribute into a sensor by making a template sensor. E.g, to have charge power as a sensor, add something like this in your sensors.yaml:

- platform: template
  sensors:
    charge_power:
      value_template: "{{ states.sensor.state_of_charge.attributes.ChargePowerKW }}"
2 Likes

Thank you! Works great :slight_smile:

Hi

I tried your integration and it works great. Really nice to have the car connected to HA.

I noticed that the poll timing is 10 minutes. In some cases, as in say time left of climatization and if climatization is on or off 10 minutes can be quite long.

I do realize that we don’t want to ddos the service though. So do you have any idea if it would be possible to refresh on certain events or some other clever solution?

1 Like

Hello,

I tried to install it to add the custom-components folder to the libary of the NAS and install the integration. That all will be fine but after that there is no sensor visable.

Could someone help me with installing the integration?

Thanks in advanced. Diego

I had similar issues, i uninstalled and installed the component again and now it works, however, i now have an issue where the sensor is unavailable, and i do not seem to get it working correctly. have never worked since installation. any ideas?

I have set it up and after several times and restarts it works and I get one sensor with a lot of attributes information. I made some new sensors in the configuration.yaml file and integrate them in a dashboard.

1 Like

Really really nice card!! do you mind sharing the code? :wink:
I am still struggling with the unavailable issues tho… maybe i should re-install again.

I’ve just installed the addon - and made this picture dashboard

2 Likes

Hello,

@flixlix thank you for your information how to integrate support for VW ID family.

@farside and @all who want to integrate their ID 3.

I ´m a newbie in Home assistant and solved the card for my ID 3 in this way:

1. Look this page:

and integrate home assistant attribute cards in hacs.

1. Integrate your attributes in your config.yaml like this:

Code:

sensor:
  - platform: attributes
    friendly_name: Restkilometer
    attribute: TotalRangeKm
    unit_of_measurement: km
    entities:
      - sensor.your_vin_soc
  - platform: attributes
    friendly_name: Ladestatus
    attribute: ChargingState
    entities:
   - sensor.your_vin_soc

……and so on.

!!! Please replace your_vin with your original vin.

1. Load a ID 3 picture for example from the VW-homepage and put it to /config/www/
  2. Take a vertical stack card
    a. Add picture card. Path of your picture is: /local/ID 3.png (please choose your name of the picture)
    b. Go to + in the upper line right side an choose horizontal stack card
    c. Add a gauge card and choose your entity, and fill the rest if it is necessary
    d. Go to the upper line of the horizontal stack right side and add (+) an choose a second gauge card
    e. Go to the upper line of your vertical stack and add (+) a new elements card
    f. Here you choose your different entities
    g. If you want add the title for example title: Charging Information
    h. At the end you can add in vertical stack card a new elements card for your Clima Information

Best regards
Peer

Hi
Thank you for the great work! I just tried this and it worked just fine with my ID3. Is there any way to start and stop charging from home assistant like it can be done from the we connect ID app? This would allow awesome automation such as charging based on solar power or charge to 100% based on your calendar.

Hi all,

I received my ID car last friday and ofcourse i wanted to add i too Home Assistant.
Found the custom component from @skagmo, nice work!

I didn’t like the attribute solution, and because there were no updates in 5 months i forked your repo and made my own component (hope you don’t mind).

My component adds a list of entities based on the response from the vwlib.
You can find it on https://github.com/mitch-dc/ha_vwid

It’s my first commit (and first time with python) and i will play with it a little more. Any suggestions are welcome!

1 Like