Add unique UDP based device to HA

I have recently gotten into HA and am enjoying it so far, although it currently controls 1 lightbulb.
I have made an LEDCube in the past, which can be changed using UDP commands. As this is my own Arduino device, there are no preconfigured devices that match it (especially since it predates my knowledge of HA existing)

I see snippets of YAML code spread across this forum, but I have no clue where it would go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The closest I have found is UDP Send packets with HA but again, I don’t know where this would go

Thank you

I think this is only possible using the python-script integration, and from there use socket.send to send a SOCK_DGRAM message…

1 Like

Thank you for your help! I used the other python PyScript, but you pointed me in the right direction

Good luck with it :grin:

PS: @97Cweb Loved the heart, but if you mark something as solution, it should be my post and not your own reply :thinking:

fixed. Thank you. Still new to forum here, and each forum has their own ettiquette for what is marked right

1 Like