Add Video Support for Jellyfin

I am very pleased that as of 2021.12, there is an official Jellyfin integration. However, it only currently supports audio streaming/casting, and for my personal Jellyfin server, I overwhelmingly have video content that I would like to be able to stream video as well.

I have searched various forums and chat rooms for a request like this, but have found nothing, so just wanted to get it “on the books” and see if anybody knows if this feature is under development or planned already. I understand that the upcoming release of Jellyfin has a lot of improvements and fixes, so perhaps that will help feed into a more capable Integration for Home Assistant in the future.

Thanks!

You mean use the Media Browser to browes/play Jellyfin medias ? It’s already supported (well on my HA it was working up to few weeks ago where integration is no more working properly and no solution so far !

Yes, playing via Media Browser was my intent. Interesting, I believe mine is working fine but I get no videos in the Jellyfin “folder” in my Media Browser. The docs also still say that only audio is currently supported.

I do not know if it is because I switched to using CloudFlare-provided certificates (vs. self-signed), or if a more recent HA update has provided capability that I was missing, but it works well for me now.