Added API password, now not connecting

I just added a password to my HASS setup, and now the iOS apps can’t seem to connect to it at all. Is this a known issue?

So HASS itself is throwing up an error:

Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from 192.168.1.125

Which makes absolutely zero sense since I know for certain that I am providing the correct password.

I am puzzled and could really use a little help. I know the app is in flux but I’d at least like to know I’m not nuts. :slight_smile:

Yes, but are you providing the correct username?

To my knowledge there is no corresponding username for the API password, but just in case I’m wrong, where in the iOS app would you specify that?

I have since used letsencrypt to generate SSL certificates for my domain. The app still will not connect, and will also not connect with my FQDN.

Basically the only way the app WILL connect is if I dump the certificates (because it won’t accept an external address) AND the API password.

So, yeah.

Is this only through the iOS app or does it behave the same when you use a mobile browser/desktop browser?

No, mobile browser / desktop works fine, always has. This is solely an issue with the app connecting to an otherwise working HASS server.

Did you get anywhere with this? I have the same issue on the latest build.

1 Like

No, seems to be working fine for me now, both with a password and with https set up!

I just put a bunch of fixes in for setups without API Passwords. Sorry that it broke… kinda forgot that some people don’t have API passwords :stuck_out_tongue: