Added support for Vaillant Thermostat, how to integrate in official release

I disabled discovery in general too, “discovery:” is commented out, I still had to disable it specifically in the vaillant section otherwise I get duplicate “Thermostat” in Frontend.

I think I will live with that now. Working on schedules now. Later I will set it all up on Lovelace which is the interface I will give to my family, with lots of stuff hidden from them.

Did you resolve the problem you had after upgrading to 0.83? Am I likely to get the same problem If I upgrade to that? I am currently on 0.81.6.

Where you have the temperature twice, I have the current mode ie heat/idle/off so it can work with the vaillant modified netatmo,:

Screenshot_2018-12-05_08-18-59

I didn’t test the new version 0.83.3 yet, so I don’t know if the issue has been fixed in last version. Also note that I’m running python 3.6.

Regarding to the thermostat mode, this shows slightly differences between the API requests from Netatmo, Vaillant and Saunier Duval.

I think that we should develop Vaillant and Migo as Netatmo clones with the global component. We need to merge all components in one. Or the other option is develop Vaillant and Migo as stand alone custom_component.

Will be great try to push for one of that options!

1 Like

Hey everybody,

Sorry for the radio silence for the last few weeks, it was crazy at work and in my personal life and home assistant was not my focus. I’ll work on that in the coming days and check that everything’s okay. HomeAssistant changed a lot in the past few weeks and many things are broken on my side (even my docker build) so it’s a lot of work

I’ll send the keys to those who requested them in PM :wink:

And for your information, I’m moving my repo to Gitlab, it’s still public, you can find it here : https://gitlab.com/samueldumont/home-assistant. I’ll see to edit my first post

OK i could make it work again :

netatmo-api-python changed from lnetatmo to pyatmo, so there was a few things to change to make it work.

Those two files are up to date and working, give it a try :slight_smile:

I have installed on my NAS Synology with Docker.
I get an error when I load HA config file
Platform not found: climate.vaillant
Component not found: vaillant
I load the two valliant.py files, then:
I have tried to install
pip -v install --upgrade git+https://github.com/samueldumont/netatmo-api-python.git

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cffi/model.py:526: UserWarning: ‘point_conversion_form_t’ has no values explicitly defined; next version will refuse to guess which integer type it is meant to be (unsigned/signed, int/long)

% self._get_c_name())

Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-ephem-wheel-cache-vrwVk8

Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-req-tracker-ST4z3T

Created requirements tracker ‘/tmp/pip-req-tracker-ST4z3T’

Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-install-fJpk3O

Collecting git+https://github.com/samueldumont/netatmo-api-python.git

Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-req-build-G3YY3k

Cloning https://github.com/samueldumont/netatmo-api-python.git to /tmp/pip-req-build-G3YY3k

Running command git clone -q https://github.com/samueldumont/netatmo-api-python.git /tmp/pip-req-build-G3YY3k

Error [Errno 2] No such file or directory while executing command git clone -q https://github.com/samueldumont/netatmo-api-python.git /tmp/pip-req-build-G3YY3k

Cleaning up…

Removed build tracker ‘/tmp/pip-req-tracker-ST4z3T’

Cannot find command ‘git’ - do you have ‘git’ installed and in your PATH?

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Hey everyody!
I want to get my Vaillant vsmart to work on my Home assistant too, but I have Hassio setup on my Raspberry Pi. Is there some different method for setting it up on Hassio? I don’t see all these folders: “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python…”. How do I set it up on Hassio?
Thanks for responses!

Hi!
I have hassio myself.
Did you manage to set it up on hassio?
If you did, how did you do it?
Best regards, Tom

Hello.
i have got a vaillant combi boiler. i want to buy Migo thermostat.
The Migo is cheaper than eRelax .
is it work with vaillant brand combi.
it must be the vaillant erelax thermostat ? .
The Migo thermostat check the combi if it is vallant or Saunier Duval ? for work correctly.
Thanks.

follow the instructions from samueldumont.
paste the required files into the custom_components folder add few lines in the configuration.yaml and its all set.

Hi,
In my NAS Synology the only difference it is that I have python 2.7 folder not 3.6.
Can I install Python 3.6?
I have the pytatmo library updated to pyatmo-1.5 but it doesn´t work.
Can you help me?
thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have Hassio with HASS v0.84.6. I’ve copied the files you mention to /config/custom-components. And added the configuration lines (I still need the secret key).

But I get an error when setting the component:

2019-01-03 11:53:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component vaillant
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 148, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/vaillant.py”, line 61, in setup
config[DOMAIN][CONF_APP_VERSION], config[DOMAIN][CONF_USER_PREFIX])
TypeError: init() takes from 1 to 6 positional arguments but 8 were given
2019-01-03 11:53:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of climate.vaillant. Setup failed for dependencies: vaillant
2019-01-03 11:53:05 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform climate.vaillant: Could not set up all dependencies.

Do you have any clue what can be missing? Should I do what you suggested one year ago?:
pip install --upgrade git+git://github.com/samueldumont/netatmo-api-python.git

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Lukeid

Thanks for this integration!

For anyone having a Bulex MiGo, I just got this component working with my MiGo Personal Heating Assistant, but I had to change a few things:

In components\vaillant.py I had to change the following lines in CONFIG_SCHEMA:

vol.Optional(CONF_APP_VERSION, default="1.2.0.2"): cv.string,
vol.Optional(CONF_USER_PREFIX, default="sdbg"): cv.string,

I retrieved these values from decompiling the MiGo Heating Assistant apk.

The api_key and secret_key are also different for the MiGo (don’t use the Vaillant ones!). The values can be found by decompiling the MiGo apk. If you have a Bulex MiGo and can’t find them, feel free to send me a message.

If you get the following message:

TypeError: ‘NoneType’ object is not subscriptable

This means that authentication failed. Either your credentials are wrong, or the api_key or secret_key are wrong, or you didn’t change the prefix and/or app_version.

@samueldumont would it be possible to merge this with your code? But this would require the variables to be configurable, preferably in config.yaml and not in the python file itself. Especially if this sensor would be added to the official release, it would be nice if Bulex MiGo was also supported.

Thank you Tarbax. I did everything as described. Now I’m only missing “the secret key” - do you happen to have it?

Hi pjmaenh are you using the same_BASE_URL from pyatmo or lnetatmo of vaillant Vsmart hardware?

I need to use a specific API url for MIGO, at least in my country: Spain.

I suppose that Bulex MiGo is the same as Saunier Duval Migo, at least colours are matching!

I made a fork based on Samuel code for my Migo. I have it working now and we are trying to merge both codes in one. Now I think we are so busy at work, so if you want to contribute, please, contact Samuel.

I didn’t have to change the _BASE_URL, and I’m using the pyatmo 1.4.1-vaillant directly from Samuel.
I only did the changes described above and the component started working (Bulex MiGo in Belgium).

Good news!

I’m using the old version lnetatmo in hassbian environment. I’ll make some tests and I’ll post here the results. If Saunier Duval works as Bulex merge will be easy!

Thanks pjmaenh!

I think Saunier Duval is nowadays the same brand as Bulex. Historical speaking, Bulex was a Belgian company and Saunier Duval was Italian (but also available in Spain), but both companies are now part of the Vaillant group. In fact, even the logo is the same for Saunier Duval and Bulex. The only difference might be that for Bulex I didn’t have to change the BASE_URL, but I am communicating directly with https://api.netatmo.com/.

As a test, I tried installing the Vaillant vSmart app, created a Vaillant account and tried adding my thermostat. The app however wouldn’t allow to connect as the identifier of the thermostat is different from vSmart (and the app literally told me to install the correct app from my manufacturer). That’s also the reason why I had to change the CONF_APP_VERSION and CONF_USER_PREFIX, as they are validated server-side.
Both apps however do look very similar, they only use different colours (the Vaillant app has a green theme, the Bulex app a red theme).

Anyhow, thanks for the great work! Let me know if there is a (beta) version available, it will be my pleasure to test it out with my Bulex.

Thank you for putting this together Samuel. I’m hoping to add to my HA (Hassio), could I get the “secret_key” please?