Added support for Vaillant Thermostat, how to integrate in official release

Confirming that was the problem.
Now working perfectly.

Congratulations for your work and many thanks!

1 Like

Using the version provided by @MislavMandaric on the latest HA with Vaillant eRelax in combination with Vaillant atmoTEC plus and it just works. Thank you so far!
If i can provide any help by testing etc., just let me know.

Falls jemand Unterstützung bei der Umsetzung benötigt, kann ich auch gerne auf Deutsch versuchen zu helfen.

2 Likes

Hi all,
I’m trying to install the version provided by @MislavMandaric but can’t find ‘vaillant vsmart’ repository in HACS (just installed HACS a few hours ago). Others repo are well displayed. It’s supposed to be the recommended way for installing. Did I miss something ?

Hi @jms667.

The documentation in readme was not complete, it was missing a step. Since this integration is not yet provided in HACS by default, you have to first add it as a custom repository. If you haven’t used HACS before, here is the official guide for doing that: https://hacs.xyz/docs/faq/custom_repositories

I now updated the readme to outline this information and will leave it there until the integration is integrated in the default HACS list.

1 Like

Hi @MislavMandaric,
Thanks for your reply, very clear now. And thanks for sharing your work to the community.
Working fine, great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @MislavMandaric! Thanks for the work.

It is up and running here. I’ll be also glad to contribute to the Spanish translation.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, really appreciate it. Just to give quick update – even though I haven’t done any work on the component in the last week or so, I’m still busy writing tests and preparing the underlying library for rewrite. The rewrite should hopefully improve the stability and remove the dependency on the OAuth library I’m currently using, which would make future maintenance easier.

@teosoft Thanks for the offer. I’ll document how to contribute the translations and share it here on the forum once it’s ready.

Hello Samuel!

It has been a really long time since this post and the interation has changed, but I’d love to know if you could still show how to find the API KEY, since I haven’t been able to find it by decompiling the app.

My email is [email protected].

I’ll be waiting excitedly for your reply, and thanks in advance

Hi Miroslav,
May I ask you to send me in PM the api_key and secret_key?

Thank you in advance!
Marcin

Hi
I found the key, scroll up to post 207 and there is clear info how

Pozdrav
Mislave odakle si

2 Likes

To everyone who had issues with the timeouts or general errors when communicating with the api, I just pushed a new version of the integration with the following improvements:

• Increased request timeouts from 5s to 15s
  • Added retry policy to all requests (10 retries with exponential backoff strategy)
  • Better error handling
  • Better error logging
  • Whole lot of tests

Most of the improvements are actually implemented in the underlying library this component depends on. You can check out the release notes here: https://github.com/MislavMandaric/vaillant-netatmo-api/releases.

Please upgrade the integration through HACS and check out if your issues are resolved. If they are not, feel free to write here and I’ll try to help out, now that logging should be improved.

3 Likes

Hi @MislavMandaric,

Thanks for this new release.
I upgraded a couple of days ago. Before the upgrade, the integration usually stopped working after 4 or 5 days, a HA restart solved the issue. With the new release, no crash until now.

Some suggestions for the next releases :slight_smile:

• heartbeat / vaillant cloud connection status (often have issue with accessing to their cloud - perhaps a wifi issue on my side - have to investigate)
  • external temperature display
  • battery level display
  • wifi strength signal display
  • radio strength signal display

Thanks again for sharing your work.

1 Like

I tried to install MislavMandaric’s release through HACS custom repository, but I got error:
“Repostitory structure for v0.2.1 is not compliant”
Please do you have any clue what I’m doing wrong? Thanks

Hi!

I’m from Hungary. I use this version with Saunier Duval MiGo, it works for me. Sometimes there is a delay in synchronization when using the factory thermostat. My question is, is it possible to get more information about the condition of the boiler? For example, water temperature, current heating status (active or domestic hot water heating active), heating curve, etc. Similar to Vaillant MultiMatic integration. Thanks

1 Like

Thank you @jms667.

I’ll add those suggestions to the list and see what can be implemented and what makes sense to be implemented.

For example, I think there is no external temperature sensor on my hardware and the external temperature is just a value they get from some weather API and use in their apps. If that is indeed the case, it doesn’t make much sense to use it in the HA as you can use dedicated integration for getting that info.

On the other hand, for battery level sensor I already have a task on my list to add it, so that will for sure be implemented eventually :smiley:

I’ll see about the others :+1:

EDIT:

@kotec, same for your suggestions :wink: I’ll add them to the list.

@miseb79

I haven’t seen this error before but googling the error message seems to indicate that you either have an old version of HA or an old version of HACS.

Can you please try upgrading both to the latest version and trying again?

If you haven’t, please follow the HACS docs for installation here: https://hacs.xyz/docs/setup/prerequisites

Thanks Mislav, I have everything upgraded to latest version.

PAth to custom integration is:

Is it correct?

Thanks for posting more details, now I see the issue.

The Github repository you tried adding is the underlying library, not the integration. The integration is using this repository: GitHub - MislavMandaric/home-assistant-vaillant-vsmart: Home Assistant custom component for Vaillant vSMART.

Change the URL and it should work properly :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Mislav for help, I realized, it must be something with repository path, now it works! :slight_smile:

1 Like