Added support for Vaillant Thermostat, how to integrate in official release

Faizal,

try to copy the files to

/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/

and to

/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate

nothing in custom

M

Hi, Can you help me and explain how i can get the API Key and Secret Key ?

Thank you

If you got the secret key can you send it also to me?

Is anybody also experiencing a NoneType error on the python vaillant climate module since 0.83 HA upgrade? Last version working without errors is 0.81.6 in my case.

I advise that if anyone is looking for Saunier Duval MIGO thermostat compatibility, I made some modifications over the Samuel code and it’s working son fine, at least the temperature control.

Regards!

1 Like

I added it to custom_components, using 0.81.6. All working great many thanks for this addition, It would be cool to have this merged into netatmo, and probably the gloworm MIGO variant too.

Is there a way to change the display name of the thermostat? Mine is just “Thermostat” but in the vaillant android app the thermostat has a name that I assigned? I have a few other climate platforms configured, it would be good to have a configurable name.
I’ve tried:
- platform: vaillant
thermostat:
- MyThermostat

and also

name: MyThermostat

Hi scote,

Try to use this configuration.yaml:

vaillant:
  api_key: XXXXXXXXX
  secret_key: XXXXXXXXX
  username: XXXXXXXXX
  password: XXXXXXXXX

climate:

The thermostat name should be defined at the app provided by the brand (Vaillant - Saunier Duval).

I can confirm that Migo Thermostat gets his name from the official app.

Regards!

Thanks Dixietoom,

The only difference I had was “discovery: False” ie

vaillant:
    api_key: na_client_android_vaillant
    secret_key: 929XXXXXXXXXXX45f0
    username: [email protected]
    password: XXXXX
    discovery: False

climate:

When I remove the discovery line the thermostat shows up twice in the front end, and is still just called “Thermostat”

Does your thermostat get the name you have assigned in the app or does it just say “Saunier Duval”?

I guess I may be able to configure it in the lovelace gui, put it on its own card with the correct name.

1 Like

I have disabled discovery in general at configuration.yaml.

In device States the thermostat is shown twice with _2 ending, but not in frontend.

My Migo Thermostat gets his name from the Saunier Duval Migo App. Vaillant thermostat should do the same.

Captura

The only thing that I need to check is why reference temp is shown twice. In general thermostat device this value is configured as system mode (cooling, heating, eco, …)

Regards!

I disabled discovery in general too, “discovery:” is commented out, I still had to disable it specifically in the vaillant section otherwise I get duplicate “Thermostat” in Frontend.

I think I will live with that now. Working on schedules now. Later I will set it all up on Lovelace which is the interface I will give to my family, with lots of stuff hidden from them.

Did you resolve the problem you had after upgrading to 0.83? Am I likely to get the same problem If I upgrade to that? I am currently on 0.81.6.

Where you have the temperature twice, I have the current mode ie heat/idle/off so it can work with the vaillant modified netatmo,:

Screenshot_2018-12-05_08-18-59

I didn’t test the new version 0.83.3 yet, so I don’t know if the issue has been fixed in last version. Also note that I’m running python 3.6.

Regarding to the thermostat mode, this shows slightly differences between the API requests from Netatmo, Vaillant and Saunier Duval.

I think that we should develop Vaillant and Migo as Netatmo clones with the global component. We need to merge all components in one. Or the other option is develop Vaillant and Migo as stand alone custom_component.

Will be great try to push for one of that options!

1 Like

Hey everybody,

Sorry for the radio silence for the last few weeks, it was crazy at work and in my personal life and home assistant was not my focus. I’ll work on that in the coming days and check that everything’s okay. HomeAssistant changed a lot in the past few weeks and many things are broken on my side (even my docker build) so it’s a lot of work

I’ll send the keys to those who requested them in PM :wink:

And for your information, I’m moving my repo to Gitlab, it’s still public, you can find it here : https://gitlab.com/samueldumont/home-assistant. I’ll see to edit my first post

OK i could make it work again :

netatmo-api-python changed from lnetatmo to pyatmo, so there was a few things to change to make it work.

Those two files are up to date and working, give it a try :slight_smile:

I have installed on my NAS Synology with Docker.
I get an error when I load HA config file
Platform not found: climate.vaillant
Component not found: vaillant
I load the two valliant.py files, then:
I have tried to install
pip -v install --upgrade git+https://github.com/samueldumont/netatmo-api-python.git

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cffi/model.py:526: UserWarning: ‘point_conversion_form_t’ has no values explicitly defined; next version will refuse to guess which integer type it is meant to be (unsigned/signed, int/long)

% self._get_c_name())

Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-ephem-wheel-cache-vrwVk8

Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-req-tracker-ST4z3T

Created requirements tracker ‘/tmp/pip-req-tracker-ST4z3T’

Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-install-fJpk3O

Collecting git+https://github.com/samueldumont/netatmo-api-python.git

Created temporary directory: /tmp/pip-req-build-G3YY3k

Cloning https://github.com/samueldumont/netatmo-api-python.git to /tmp/pip-req-build-G3YY3k

Running command git clone -q https://github.com/samueldumont/netatmo-api-python.git /tmp/pip-req-build-G3YY3k

Error [Errno 2] No such file or directory while executing command git clone -q https://github.com/samueldumont/netatmo-api-python.git /tmp/pip-req-build-G3YY3k

Cleaning up…

Removed build tracker ‘/tmp/pip-req-tracker-ST4z3T’

Cannot find command ‘git’ - do you have ‘git’ installed and in your PATH?

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Hey everyody!
I want to get my Vaillant vsmart to work on my Home assistant too, but I have Hassio setup on my Raspberry Pi. Is there some different method for setting it up on Hassio? I don’t see all these folders: “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python…”. How do I set it up on Hassio?
Thanks for responses!

Hi!
I have hassio myself.
Did you manage to set it up on hassio?
If you did, how did you do it?
Best regards, Tom

Hello.
i have got a vaillant combi boiler. i want to buy Migo thermostat.
The Migo is cheaper than eRelax .
is it work with vaillant brand combi.
it must be the vaillant erelax thermostat ? .
The Migo thermostat check the combi if it is vallant or Saunier Duval ? for work correctly.
Thanks.

follow the instructions from samueldumont.
paste the required files into the custom_components folder add few lines in the configuration.yaml and its all set.

Hi,
In my NAS Synology the only difference it is that I have python 2.7 folder not 3.6.
Can I install Python 3.6?
I have the pytatmo library updated to pyatmo-1.5 but it doesn´t work.
Can you help me?
thanks in advance.