Adding a Hue Bridge as Matter device gives error

Hi,

when I try to add a Hue Bridge as Matter device I get an error on my mobile
I’m using a superviced installation with default Matter addon.
Once all Hue devices have been added, but I wasn’t able to control this devices

if (self._subscription_handler._onResubscriptionAttemptedCb_isAsync):
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '_onResubscriptionAttemptedCb_isAsync'
Exception ignored on calling ctypes callback function: <function _OnResubscriptionAttemptedCallback at 0x7fb88685e0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/chip/clusters/Attribute.py", line 881, in _OnResubscriptionAttemptedCallback
    closure.handleResubscriptionAttempted(terminationCause, nextResubscribeIntervalMsec)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/chip/clusters/Attribute.py", line 738, in handleResubscriptionAttempted
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '_onResubscriptionAttemptedCb_isAsync'
Exception ignored on calling ctypes callback function: <function _OnResubscriptionAttemptedCallback at 0x7fb88685e0>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/chip/clusters/Attribute.py", line 881, in _OnResubscriptionAttemptedCallback
    closure.handleResubscriptionAttempted(terminationCause, nextResubscribeIntervalMsec)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/chip/clusters/Attribute.py", line 738, in handleResubscriptionAttempted
2023-09-15 10:34:36 core-matter-server matter_server.server.client_handler[126] WARNING [548481503440] Disconnected: Received non-Text message.
2023-09-15 10:45:42 core-matter-server matter_server.server.client_handler[126] WARNING [548224905936] Disconnected: Received non-Text message.
2023-09-15 10:51:08 core-matter-server matter_server.server.client_handler[126] WARNING [548245667664] Disconnected: Received non-Text message.
2023-09-15 10:51:13 core-matter-server matter_server.server.helpers.paa_certificates[126] INFO Fetching the latest PAA root certificates from DCL.
2023-09-15 10:51:14 core-matter-server matter_server.server.helpers.paa_certificates[126] INFO Fetched 0 PAA root certificates from DCL.
2023-09-15 10:51:14 core-matter-server matter_server.server.helpers.paa_certificates[126] INFO Fetching the latest PAA root certificates from Git.
2023-09-15 10:51:14 core-matter-server matter_server.server.helpers.paa_certificates[126] INFO Fetched 0 PAA root certificates from Git.
2023-09-15 10:51:16 core-matter-server chip.SC[126] ERROR Failed to verify peer's MAC. This can happen when setup code is incorrect.
2023-09-15 10:51:16 core-matter-server chip.SC[126] ERROR Failed during PASE session setup: src/crypto/CHIPCryptoPALOpenSSL.cpp:1437: CHIP Error 0x000000AC: Internal error
2023-09-15 10:51:16 core-matter-server chip.ZCL[126] ERROR Secure Pairing Failed
2023-09-15 10:51:16 core-matter-server chip.EM[126] ERROR Dropping unexpected message of type 0x40 with protocolId (0, 0) and MessageCounter:896069101 on exchange 57390i
2023-09-15 10:52:03 core-matter-server matter_server.server.client_handler[126] WARNING [548239798352] Disconnected: Received non-Text message.
2023-09-15 10:52:22 core-matter-server matter_server.server.client_handler[126] WARNING [548238743120] Disconnected: Received non-Text message.
2023-09-15 10:58:54 core-matter-server chip.EM[126] ERROR Failed to Send CHIP MessageCounter:247257467 on exchange 57391i sendCount: 4 max retries: 4
2023-09-15 10:58:56 core-matter-server chip.DMG[126] ERROR Time out! failed to receive report data from Exchange: 57391i
2023-09-15 11:02:58 core-matter-server matter_server.server.client_handler[126] WARNING [548231346384] Disconnected: Received non-Text message.
2023-09-15 11:02:59 core-matter-server matter_server.server.helpers.paa_certificates[126] INFO Fetching the latest PAA root certificates from DCL.
2023-09-15 11:02:59 core-matter-server matter_server.server.helpers.paa_certificates[126] INFO Fetched 0 PAA root certificates from DCL.
2023-09-15 11:02:59 core-matter-server matter_server.server.helpers.paa_certificates[126] INFO Fetching the latest PAA root certificates from Git.
2023-09-15 11:02:59 core-matter-server matter_server.server.helpers.paa_certificates[126] INFO Fetched 0 PAA root certificates from Git.
2023-09-15 11:03:01 core-matter-server chip.SC[126] ERROR Failed to verify peer's MAC. This can happen when setup code is incorrect.
2023-09-15 11:03:01 core-matter-server chip.SC[126] ERROR Failed during PASE session setup: src/crypto/CHIPCryptoPALOpenSSL.cpp:1437: CHIP Error 0x000000AC: Internal error
2023-09-15 11:03:01 core-matter-server chip.ZCL[126] ERROR Secure Pairing Failed
2023-09-15 11:03:01 core-matter-server chip.EM[126] ERROR Dropping unexpected message of type 0x40 with protocolId (0, 0) and MessageCounter:896069106 on exchange 57392i
2023-09-15 11:03:04 core-matter-server matter_server.server.client_handler[126] WARNING [548254008848] Disconnected: Received non-Text message.

Just saw the announcement today

Matter is bringing the promise of not needing all those propriety hubs - except wait - what - :angry:

I’ve got two Hue Hubs on the shelf since they sent a ‘there was an issue, your Hue account has been reset’ meaning that all config was lost and there is no backup / recovery option in their system. Now I’ve connected all my Hue devices directly using ZHA.

Welcome!

What function does this offer you over the tried and true Hue integration with Home Assistant?

Beside the fact you are trying to use something that have been released for a very short time, read ‘days’. My understanding is that some Hue devices accessed via Matter may have less functionality.
My understanding is that HA’s Hue integration is completely local, so not seeing that there would be any benefit there.

While, companies such as Hue did a poor job of describing their directions for Matter roll out, ASSuming that 5 year old Hue device would be able to magically become a stand alone Matter device is more than a reach.

Certainly ‘fun’ to experiment, however if you do some reading, Matter is in the ‘valley of despair’ on the Hype Curve today. It will probably be one of major ways to add end devices to home automation systems, but a number of months in the future.

One of the most annoying things I have with hue and HA is a dev polling limitation for motion sensors. It will trigger the event of motion but there is a 1s delay of sending the current luminosity of the sensor which makes it really crap for triggering lights in the dark.
I don’t know of matter would work around this limit though.

Yes, the Hue motion sensors are odd devices from my experience. I have 2 of the outdoor and 1 of the indoor. I only have one of the outdoor units still in ‘production’ use and not in a HA environment, only a native Hue hub setup. To your point on delays, I have not tried HA ‘events’ with the Hue motion sensors, however I did explore getting event triggers from a Lutron ‘dial’ wall thingy via Hue hub into Home Assistant and found the speed and other functions of the device via this path into Home Assistant very responsive. I’m not sure if the same might apply to the Hue motion sensors, but you might have a look at HA events from Hue. How often the temp and light sensors report from the Hue device is a black hole for sure, I think their might be some parameters that you can set, however I do not think I found them to make any difference. I ended up building my own PTVO zigbee luminosity sensors, mostly to have something that can report some what useful data over the range from 0.x to 100,000.

Good hunting!