Adding Aqara P2 with Home Assistant Companion app does not work

I have an Aqara P2 door and window sensor that I cannot pair using my iOS powered phone. I can add it to apple home though.

Using a Skyconnect hooked to home assistant, but I also have two apple tv’s that are matter compatible showing in home assistant as other networks.

Someone mentioned that iOS may be my issue as the companion app may not be able to add matter/thread devices to non-apple border routers?

Is this coming, or is there somewhere I can read about this?

It’s almost a year later, but I’m still hoping / praying / waiting for this to be resolved, too. :frowning:

If you are wanting to commission a Matter w. Thread device directly to HA’s OTBR using HA iOS Companion App, then starting [2024.7] you can do this, but first must use the iOS Companion App to get the Thread dataset/credentials from HA (for the HA OTBR as preferred network) and add it to the iOS Keychain. This can be done in the iOS Companion App: Settings->Devices&Services (Integrations)->Thread->CONFIGURE-> psuedo-button “SEND CREDENTIALS TO PHONE”. The Docs can be found here.

BTW, I have not actually tried this myself, as it was several months ago when I commissioned the Aqara P2 D&W sensor using an Android device as at that time the iOS Companion app did not work.

thank you very much @wmaker ! I had completely missed the update to allow transfer / copy of the Thread creds from the phone to the companion app! I feel like I’m closer to getting my Aqara P2 door sensor to pair with my HA instance. But I’m still not successful. I have the latest version of HA and am using OTBR and Thread and Matter (Beta) integrations along with a SkyConnect dongle.

1. use Thread integration from to copy credentials to phone (a check mark is briefly displayed)
  2. go to Devices → add device → add matter device
  3. select “new device”
  4. put battery into P2
  5. scan QR code on P2 product docs
  6. watch blue light blink quickly on P2 and see the app message transition from “connecting” to “setting up.”
  7. blue light stops blinking briefly, then blinks once, then goes dark; app message still reads “setting up.”
  8. app eventually gives up and says “Unable to Add Accessory” and recommends trying again after restarting the accessory

I’ve repeated this process about a half dozen times with the same results every time. It seems as if everything is getting set up and then a final handshake fails to take place between the P2 and the HomeAssistant. I’m at a loss of what I’m doing wrong or have failed to properly set up or install.

Not sure. I would check the Matter Server Logs (may have to put the log level to Debug) to see if it is going through the process of commissioning the P2. If it is not, then it may be IPv6 connectivity problems.