Adding buttons/icons to camera's live view window

Hello guys,

I am trying to accomplish inserting state icons into a live view of a camera.

Picture this: Floorplan with ligths and interior cameras, after clicking one of the cameras (which are PTZ) you open the live feed of the camera. Now here comes the tricky part, is it possible to add buttons/state icons in order to move the camera ?

So far I only managed to create a picture elements card with the live feed and state icons. Example of what I want to achieve is drawn in paint below.

There is an example here that may be of some use: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/foscam/#example-card-with-controls

You will just have to change the locations and tap_actions of the icon elements.

I managed to do this but this is not what I want. This only adds the controls to the card itself.

However every camera entity works in a way that even if you put it in lovelace as an mdi icon and CLICK on it… it will show a live view of that camera. I want to add those buttons to the live view/media player ? and not on the card itself.

This is mainly because I would like to implement a floorplan with lights and interior cameras. After clicking the icon a live view shows up (home assistant built in feature) and that is where I need the icon states/buttons to be. Like this:

You should create a picture-elements view with the camera set to live. That new view will have the live feed and your controls.

Then you can just redirect through navigation to that other view from the page you just listed instead of opening the more-info page of the entity.

EDIT: If you want the more-info page to have the special view with your controls, you’ll need to use a custom card.

Your dashboard is exactly what I am looking for. How did you achieve the links in the sidebar to different views/tabs? I can get text on the sidebar with a link using a Button Card and Navigate, but really like the look of yours with an icon too