Adding external applications to home assistant

Hi!
I’m fairly (very) new to Home Assistant. I run the HA VM on unraid and I already have a lot of services running in Unraid but that I wish to ”integrate” into HA, e.g. grocy and more but I don’t want to run them inside HA. Is it possible to connect them to HA without merging them? Sorry if my question is vague or complicated but I’m not sure how to ask the question and I’ve tried searching here but don’t really know where to start.

//M

What’s the reason for not wanting to run them in HA?

And TBH, I’m not even sure what you mean by “run them inside HA”.

all integrations run within HA. that’s just the way it works.

the services that you connect those integrations to don’t run in HA (usually) if that’s what you mean.

Sounds like you don’t want to use addons. That’s fine. Install using the Core, Container or Supervised method and you can continue to use your existing applications. You can still connect to them via integrations as finity mentioned.

I already run several containers on unraid but I would like data from the visible from within HomeAssistant.

I don’t understand what you mean by ”the services that you connect those integrations to don’t run in HA”. If I install the nginx proxy manager through the add-on, doesn’t that run within HA?

No, I would like to use my already existing containers in unraid, but view them inside HA but as I understood it now, that is possible.

It is. You connect to your existing containers with integrations. Integrations - Home Assistant

Addons are equivalent to your containers. These are not what you want.

View them like having the interface of grocy inside HA or like see their status or start/stop them?

For the first one, you could use an iframe card in panel mode. For the other one I’m using dockermon to start/stop them and see if they’re running

1 Like

No, it runs externally to “Home Assistant” just like any other Docker container (add-ons ARE Docker containers).

But those containers are administered/maintained by the HA Supervisor. Which technically doesn’t “run in HA” either since it is its own Docker container as well.

The HA Supervised is a suite of Docker containers that work in tandem to administer/maintain the HA ecosystem. And “Home Assistant” itself (the core) is also one of those containers.

1 Like

The Mobile App integration allows Home Assistant mobile apps to easily integrate with Home Assistant . If you are planning to use a mobile application.

A post was split to a new topic: How to add light to 3D model