Adding first sensor to deCONZ not working

I am trying to add a door / window sensor to HA via the HassIO deCONZ add-on. The add-on isn’t seeing the sensor when I try to add it (deCONZ is scanning for sensor, sensor is in pairing mode) and as far as I can see there are no logs anywhere to try and fault find.

I have a Conbee 2 plugged into my NUC (via a 2m USB extension) running Ubuntu / HassIO. The Conbee seems to be detected fine.

This is the device I’m trying to pair.

Any ideas where to start?

I really struggled to get anything to pair until I set up my first bulb. Since then it’s been a breeze.

Also when it comes to sensors, I find that deconz is scanning, and the sensor is in pairing mode, sometimes all it takes it for the sensor to trigger (so for a door/window sensor, just seperating the two parts and putting them back together again) usually ends with a successful pairing.

I don’t think it’s on the list of supported devices, you can check or request to get it supported here;

You are correct. Unfortunately I didn’t realise the Conbee was so limited in what devices it can be used with. Luckily the door/window sensor was really cheap since I now have 2 that are useless. Thanks for the link, I added an issue to try and get it supported.

Check out this page on how to ask for a new device to be added to DeCONZ.

Otherwise I can recommend the Xiaomi Door/Window sensors, I use 15 of them without issues for over 1 year now and they are very cheap as well.

I second that. All my Xiaomi sensors work very well and reliably

Same here. Cheap and reliable. Very easy to connect.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work with new xiaomi door sensors. I paired correctly the xiaomi motion sensors and the switch but the door/window sensors are detected but not recognized:

The scan via Phoscon App says that nothing is detected but in deconz I see these two “not recognized” devices. When I separate the sensor the blue light in deconz blinks so it detects some action but as they are not recognize as xiaomi door sensor I can’t work with them

Try searching for LIGHTS in Phoscon, do the pairing process on the device and check if the device appears under sensors. There will be no message like “sucessfully added sensor or similar”.

1 Like

Same issue as shown on your screenshot here… the app says nothing is connected, but in deconz I see my sensors as 0xXXX values. Home assistant doesn’t add them because of this… what did you do to fix it?

Hi,
what do you mean by “new” Xiaomi door sensors ?
Is there a specific model/reference that does not work well with deconz/HA and that we should avoid ?

As far as I know there are only two Xiaomi door/window sensors, the round and the square edge. Both work fine for me in deconz/HA.

1 Like

Hi @Burningstone
this tip from you worked! Many thanks for the info.

I had exactly the same issue:
Had the sensor, deleted it and then tried to add it again. Appearing in Deconz (blinking blue, two grey circles at top right area), but not in Phoscon app. Did several “add sensors” (Phoscon), deleted from Deconz, removed battery.

Now sensor is there and working.

Best
Tiago